What are ".jbx" files, and how can I get them out my life (and source code)?

2004-01-01 12:00:40 AM
jbuilder21
I don't recall seeing anything in the Java spec about jbx files, so...
1. Why is Borland putting *THEIR* stuff in *MY* source path? Apparently
by default, no less!
2. How can I permanently get rid of them, from any project I ever create
in the future?
JB9 and JBX Enterprise

Re:What are ".jbx" files, and how can I get them out my life (and source code)?

MattS < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I don't recall seeing anything in the Java spec about jbx files, so...
1. Why is Borland putting *THEIR* stuff in *MY* source path?
Because "your" source path is also JBuilder's project source path.
2. How can I permanently get rid of them, from any project I ever
create in the future?
Never use the GUI designer or BeansExpress elements of JBuilder. :)
You could register a RFE in QualityCentral for having them moved
somewhere else, like JBuilder already does with backup files (which
also used to end up in the source path pre-JB7) or the package
dependency cache.