How do I rename a project AND it's accompanying library?

2003-06-30 03:55:17 AM
jbuilder13
I tried to rename a web app project that I created by right clicking on the project name. It changed the project name but not the lib name for the output.
So I went into Project Settings, Paths, Libraries, click Edit, rename library. Renamed the library, hit ok, and the LIBRARY NAME IN THE LIST IS STILL THE OLD ONE. Worse, it goes red, and tells me theres an error! What's up w/this? It should be easy to rename a project and have it cascade....or at least have a checkbox that says 'rename associated libraries also' or something.

Re:How do I rename a project AND it's accompanying library?

What is your definition of an "associated library"?
If you are trying to rename the output WAR file, it is a property of the
Web Module that can be changed by right-clicking on the it in the
Project Pane.
"Alan Akers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I tried to rename a web app project that I created by right clicking
on the project name. It changed the project name but not the lib name
for the output.

So I went into Project Settings, Paths, Libraries, click Edit, rename
library. Renamed the library, hit ok, and the LIBRARY NAME IN THE LIST
IS STILL THE OLD ONE. Worse, it goes red, and tells me theres an error!
What's up w/this? It should be easy to rename a project and have it
cascade....or at least have a checkbox that says 'rename associated
libraries also' or something.

Re:How do I rename a project AND it's accompanying library?

Hi Bill:
Could you be more specific? The tabs available to me in the Project Settings are:
Paths, General, Run, Build, Formatting, Class Filters, Server.
The only place I see to change the war file name (and it's an oblique asssumption), is in the Paths->Required Libraries, Edit, etc.
I don't see anything that says 'Web Module' in the right-click Project pane. Also, if this procedure is NOT the way to change it, then exactly what specifically is the purpose of the 'Required Library' that has the same name as the project? And why doesn't that work...cascade the name change?
Thanks in advance...

news:3eff4425$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I tried to rename a web app project that I created by right clicking
on the project name. It changed the project name but not the lib name
for the output.

>So I went into Project Settings, Paths, Libraries, click Edit, rename
library. Renamed the library, hit ok, and the LIBRARY NAME IN THE LIST
IS STILL THE OLD ONE. Worse, it goes red, and tells me theres an error!
What's up w/this? It should be easy to rename a project and have it
cascade....or at least have a checkbox that says 'rename associated
libraries also' or something.

{smallsort}

Re:How do I rename a project AND it's accompanying library?

Hi Bill:
Well if you read my post, you know exactly what 'nodes' or what I call 'tabs' I am seeing from the create from existing project that I selected which created this project. _Why_ am I not seeing this tab then? Am I not being clear? If not, please explain what other info you need. Again I do _not_ see anything that has anything to do with a war file in my right-click Project settings which of course I can see...
Thanks in advance...
"Bill Joy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
When you right-click on a file in the Project Pane, in most cases the
last option is "Properties...".

The web module node is the one which shows the WAR file generated by the
build system underneath it when expanded. It should also have a WEB-INF
directory under it.

I assume the library you are talking about is the project-local library
that may be constructed by the Project for Existing Code wizard.

That library may or may not be useful -- the wizard records all the JAR
files that it encountered in the directory that you told it to scan then
adds it to the project so they are on your classpath. If you don't need
those JARs then remove them from the library or remove the entire
library.

"Alan Akers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:3eff5a95$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hi Bill:
>
>Could you be more specific? The tabs available to me in the Project
Settings are:

>Paths, General, Run, Build, Formatting, Class Filters, Server.
>
>The only place I see to change the war file name (and it's an oblique
asssumption), is in the Paths->Required Libraries, Edit, etc.

>I don't see anything that says 'Web Module' in the right-click Project
pane. Also, if this procedure is NOT the way to change it, then exactly
what specifically is the purpose of the 'Required Library' that has the
same name as the project? And why doesn't that work...cascade the name
change?

>Thanks in advance...
>
>"Bill Joy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>What is your definition of an "associated library"?
>>
>>If you are trying to rename the output WAR file, it is a property of
the
>>Web Module that can be changed by right-clicking on the it in the
>>Project Pane.
>>

>>"Alan Akers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>news:3eff4425$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>
>>>I tried to rename a web app project that I created by right
clicking
>>on the project name. It changed the project name but not the lib
name
>>for the output.
>>>
>>>So I went into Project Settings, Paths, Libraries, click Edit,
rename
>>library. Renamed the library, hit ok, and the LIBRARY NAME IN THE
LIST
>>IS STILL THE OLD ONE. Worse, it goes red, and tells me theres an
error!
>>What's up w/this? It should be easy to rename a project and have it
>>cascade....or at least have a checkbox that says 'rename associated
>>libraries also' or something.

Re:How do I rename a project AND it's accompanying library?

Hi Bill:
And NO, I am not seeing some representation of jar files. If you _go_ to right-click Project Settings...->Paths->Required Libraries->click Edit, you will see that it creates a lib the same name as the project. It did not exist before. And there are NO jar files in this project.
In fact there are. They are the JAI jars, but THEY DON'T SHOW UP ANYWHERE. So you're answer only confuses me more, not less.