JBuilder Foundation 2005 Settings

2006-09-21 06:26:56 PM
jbuilder22
System.out.printf IDE reports that it cannot find symbol; method
printf()printf
Path indicates JDK: java version 1.5.0_0b=b03
Is there a setting I'm missing ?
TIA
Bob

Re:JBuilder Foundation 2005 Settings

Bob Palank wrote:
System.out.printf IDE reports that it cannot find symbol; method
printf()printf
Path indicates JDK: java version 1.5.0_0b=b03
Is there a setting I'm missing ?
What, where, when, how? Sparing words does not
usually help solve a problem.
My guess: you are assuming that JBuilder reads
the environment and uses JAVA_HOME for your projects.
If so, the assumption isn't valid (you may need to
read the JBuilder Help on projects).
Go to Project Properties>Paths>JDK and make sure
you have set the JDK for your project to Java 1.5.
Then flip to the Build>Java node in the left-hand
tree of the project properties dialog, and set the
language features and target VM accordingly.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:JBuilder Foundation 2005 Settings

Note that my response is based on JBuilder 2006.
I don't have 2005 installed so I'm just guessing
what might be available there.
If the description doesn't fit, you'll have to
search the newsgroup archives for 2005 "jdk 1.5"
and so on. There have been discussions which talk
about older JB versions and JDK 1.5.
Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
Bob Palank wrote:

>System.out.printf IDE reports that it cannot find symbol; method
>printf()printf
>Path indicates JDK: java version 1.5.0_0b=b03
>Is there a setting I'm missing ?

What, where, when, how? Sparing words does not
usually help solve a problem.

My guess: you are assuming that JBuilder reads
the environment and uses JAVA_HOME for your projects.
If so, the assumption isn't valid (you may need to
read the JBuilder Help on projects).

Go to Project Properties>Paths>JDK and make sure
you have set the JDK for your project to Java 1.5.
Then flip to the Build>Java node in the left-hand
tree of the project properties dialog, and set the
language features and target VM accordingly.

--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder Foundation 2005 Settings

I had made the Path change and didn't know to make the Build change which I
did and it worked.
Thanks to you and the newsgroup forum!
Bob