Borland Site - Downloading Win compatible Enterprise

2004-12-03 05:35:28 AM
jbuilder20
To whoever can help,
My attempts of downloading Jbuilder Enterprise trial version have been
many. HTTP link does not work, re-routed to some policy on direct download
links. The FTP does establish connection but times out anywhere from 7% -
15% into download. At the moment, I am running off a dial-return satellite
connection, directpc wherein I'm averaging ISDN downstream rate. Coupled
with a whopping 56.6 k upstream speed. I'm unsure if it's my end of things
or Borlands.
I resorted to installing an FTP client, WS_FTP, but still no luck. Will
attempt again in the mean time.
Anyone had any similar troubles?
Thanks.

Re:Borland Site - Downloading Win compatible Enterprise

Bill wrote:
To whoever can help,

My attempts of downloading Jbuilder Enterprise trial version have been
many. HTTP link does not work, re-routed to some policy on direct download
links. The FTP does establish connection but times out anywhere from 7% -
15% into download. At the moment, I am running off a dial-return satellite
connection, directpc wherein I'm averaging ISDN downstream rate. Coupled
with a whopping 56.6 k upstream speed. I'm unsure if it's my end of things
or Borlands.

I resorted to installing an FTP client, WS_FTP, but still no luck. Will
attempt again in the mean time.

Anyone had any similar troubles?

Thanks.

The HTTP download is using a Java Applet as a download manager with is
supposed to redirect you to an Akamai server that is closest to you with
the best download speeds. It didn't work for me either.
OTOH, the page that the download manager starts from has another link
that should allow you to download via HTTP anyway. Did you try that?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]