buildint jbuilder project directly from CVS download?

2003-08-07 07:51:28 AM
jbuilder0
I need to find out if it is possible to build jbuilder
project directly from CVS project that uses ant
build file and CVS project is checked out from
open source project repository like sourceforge.org.
It is too cumbersome to build jbuilder project from
scratch that mirrors the project as defined in the CVS
and ant build file as the project has many paths (subpackages) and folders
for source and output.

Re:buildint jbuilder project directly from CVS download?

In <3f31954b$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >kyle wrote:
I need to find out if it is possible to build jbuilder
project directly from CVS project that uses ant
build file and CVS project is checked out from
open source project repository like sourceforge.org.
Yes, if the build.xml will work from the command line,
it will work from within JBuilder. I just tried this
with the JAXB examples from Sun's JWSDP (I hope I picked
the correct letters out of the Java alphabet soup).
However, ...
It is too cumbersome to build jbuilder project from
scratch that mirrors the project as defined in the CVS
and ant build file as the project has many paths (subpackages) and
folders for source and output.
.. it would behove you to at least "create project
from existing source", so that you can have access to
every source file and the build.xml file from the
Project Pane. It really shouldn't be _that_ difficult
to set up. The only thing I can think of that might
possibly be a pain is to create a library for the
JARs required by the project. And really, once you
do that and include it in your project's "Required
Libraries" tab, you shouldn't have to fiddle with
it ever again. I do this quite frequently, and
don't find it to be much of a pain, given all the
benefits of having JBuilder manage the code, code
insight, error insight, etc.
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?