Multiple columns in JdbNavComboBox

2004-04-26 02:37:49 PM
jbuilder16
I have got this problem : with a JComboBox I can extend the class
DefaultComboBoxModel and redefine the method getElementAt() to
return more than one column which will be shown in my JComboBox.
With a JdbNavComboBox, the model is replaced by a dataSet. I have
tried to extend dataSet and redefine the method
getVariant(int,int,Variant) but the method is final. Do anybody has already found a way to display more than one column in a JdbNavComboBox keeping one key column?

Re:Multiple columns in JdbNavComboBox

You don't modify the JdbComboBox settings directly; what you do is define a
pick list on the column you're interested in. In the UI designer, select
the data set, open it, select the column, then edit the "pickList" property.
There is ample online help for detailed instructions.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools