REF: ERRONEOUS DATA

2003-10-13 10:24:53 PM
jbuilder12
HI.
I have completely re-created table on AS400 & GUI within JBuilder. I am now
convinced this is a BUG in JBuilder.
As I added each component & set properties I ran the program & checked to
see if it functioned correctly. Strangely it did so until I added picklist
(lookups). When using picklists, it appears that a new row is inserted for
each picklist??, resulting in 3 new rows instead of 1.
I have since undone the changes & now the program behaves!!, adding the
entries manual instead of using the picklists.
Still get data truncated messages - it seems that a field containing spaces
sometimes throws this error??
HOW DO I REPORT THIS AS A BUG? I HAVE WASTED AT LEAST 24 HOURS TRYING TO
FIND A PROBLEM WITH MY CODE THAT DOES NOT EXIST!!
Ted

Re:REF: ERRONEOUS DATA

Ted Reilly wrote:
HI.

I have completely re-created table on AS400 & GUI within JBuilder. I am now
convinced this is a BUG in JBuilder.

As I added each component & set properties I ran the program & checked to
see if it functioned correctly. Strangely it did so until I added picklist
(lookups). When using picklists, it appears that a new row is inserted for
each picklist??, resulting in 3 new rows instead of 1.

I have since undone the changes & now the program behaves!!, adding the
entries manual instead of using the picklists.

Still get data truncated messages - it seems that a field containing spaces
sometimes throws this error??

HOW DO I REPORT THIS AS A BUG? I HAVE WASTED AT LEAST 24 HOURS TRYING TO
FIND A PROBLEM WITH MY CODE THAT DOES NOT EXIST!!

Ted

qc.borland.com
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:REF: ERRONEOUS DATA

I have downloaded Quality Centre software and submitted report # 6189.
Having looked at the number of bugs outstanding I don't expect to receive a
reply.
TED
"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ted Reilly wrote:
>HI.
>
>I have completely re-created table on AS400 & GUI within JBuilder. I am
now
>convinced this is a BUG in JBuilder.
>
>As I added each component & set properties I ran the program & checked
>see if it functioned correctly. Strangely it did so until I added
picklist
>(lookups). When using picklists, it appears that a new row is inserted
for
>each picklist??, resulting in 3 new rows instead of 1.
>
>I have since undone the changes & now the program behaves!!, adding the
>entries manual instead of using the picklists.
>
>Still get data truncated messages - it seems that a field containing
spaces
>sometimes throws this error??
>
>HOW DO I REPORT THIS AS A BUG? I HAVE WASTED AT LEAST 24 HOURS TRYING
>FIND A PROBLEM WITH MY CODE THAT DOES NOT EXIST!!
>

>Ted

qc.borland.com

--

Regards,