Problem with Maximum charaters in jdbtextfield

2005-03-01 07:39:12 PM
jbuilder19
How to apply mask on jdbtextfield to allow only alpphabatic charachter (may contains space) in upper case, with maximum charter length of 10, if we apply display mask property of column(specific to jdbtextfield) it takes 10 charaters(as specified in database) but it did not take input in upper case..
If we apply edit mask(>LLLLLLLLLL) it takes input in upper case but if user keep pressing keys it truncates characters typed before
e.g if I type Mike harrason it with percison of column 10 then with edit mask i gets this result KEHARRASON i.e first two characters deleted and with displaymask property it typed mikeharrras which is ok but problem is that is in lower case
Mike