Getting the list of processes from the java console

2004-09-29 03:55:51 PM
jbuilder14
Good morning
How can I manually start the Java console on Windows. I am missing it.
I am wondering if there is a way to find informations in the java
console, if my app is already started to prevent it somehow to start
once more.
Making an app singleton with variables that are wtitten to the disk is
not good in this case.
What I really would like to have is the list of processes as shown in
the Winodws task manager. But I guess this is not possible.
Any hints?
Regards,
Zoran

Re:Getting the list of processes from the java console

Zoran Pjevic < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
How can I manually start the Java console on Windows. I am missing it.
"Java console" is a concept usually associated with browsers and/or
the plugin.
I am wondering if there is a way to find informations in the java
console, if my app is already started to prevent it somehow to start
once more.
No; each Java app usually runs in its own separate VM.
(Note: JRE version 1.5/5.0 changes this somewhat, by enabling a
"shared class cache").
Making an app singleton with variables that are wtitten to the disk is
not good in this case.
The best way is to try and open a unique ServeRSocket port (like
3241); if it fails, assume the app is already running.
What I really would like to have is the list of processes as shown
in the Winodws task manager. But I guess this is not possible.
Well, they will appear in the list of processes, but just as
"java.exe" or "javaw.exe" normally.

Re:Getting the list of processes from the java console

Good morning

How can I manually start the Java console on Windows. I am missing it.

I am wondering if there is a way to find informations in the java
console, if my app is already started to prevent it somehow to start
once more.

Making an app singleton with variables that are wtitten to the disk is
not good in this case.

What I really would like to have is the list of processes as shown in
the Winodws task manager. But I guess this is not possible.

Any hints?

Regards,
Zoran
User submitted from AEWNET (www.aewnet.com/)