java file/coding size limits

2004-05-17 10:25:54 PM
jbuilder7
I've read a posting in the weblogic.developer.interest.jsp about a method
size of 32K. What other limits are there on Java? Specifically what is a
line limit? How long can a variable name be? How long can a .java file be?
What about a .class file? Is there a relationship between the sizes of the
files? Is the limit to a method name the name as a variable name? What
about a Clas name file size?
I've tried in the past to look for these answers, but usually I got the
"it's too big, and if you reach it, redesign your stuff." Not very helpful.
So if you have any insight, I would love to read about it.
Thanks.