Re: How to set up PostgreSQL jdbc driver in JBuilder??

2003-11-04 03:17:01 AM
jbuilder24
In <3fa6afbd$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Jose J. Sanchez Rico wrote:
Hi, i just can't configure my PostgreSQL jdbc driver with jbuilder

i've done the following

1) added the on driver jar file to Tools-Libraries

2) added the config to Tools-Enterprise Setup

3) restarte jbuilder

this worked with SQL Server, Informix but not with Postgres, any
ideas
I have to second Paul Nichols' observation: Postgres works
fine once the library and Enterprise configuration are
done correctly. The best test is whether you can
connect to your database using Database Pilot.
Your description, "does not work with Postgres", is
lacking in a few details. What doesn't work? Where
doesn't it work (code or in DB Pilot)?
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:Re: How to set up PostgreSQL jdbc driver in JBuilder??

Hi, i just can't configure my PostgreSQL jdbc driver with jbuilder
i've done the following
1) added the on driver jar file to Tools-Libraries
2) added the config to Tools-Enterprise Setup
3) restarte jbuilder
this worked with SQL Server, Informix but not with Postgres, any ideas
Thanks in advance
Ing. Jose J. Sanchez Rico
Ingeniero en Desarrollo de Software
Mayan Resorts

Jose J. Sanchez Rico wrote:
Hi, i just can't configure my PostgreSQL jdbc driver with jbuilder

i've done the following

1) added the on driver jar file to Tools-Libraries

2) added the config to Tools-Enterprise Setup

3) restarte jbuilder

this worked with SQL Server, Informix but not with Postgres, any ideas

Thanks in advance
Hmm, I have not had any problems with the PostgresSQL JDBC drivers. Are you
sure you added all of the necessary jar file to the Library?

{smallsort}

Re:Re: How to set up PostgreSQL jdbc driver in JBuilder??

Yes i'm sure, i'm wondering if i need to do other configuration issues other
than jbuilder, such as classpath or anything else??
the jar file i'm using as driver is "pg73jdbc3.jar"
WindowsXP, JBuilder9
Thanks, hope this helps
"pNichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje

Jose J. Sanchez Rico wrote:
Yes i'm sure, i'm wondering if i need to do other configuration issues
other than jbuilder, such as classpath or anything else??

the jar file i'm using as driver is "pg73jdbc3.jar"

WindowsXP, JBuilder9

Thanks, hope this helps

First you need to create a Library for the jar files
Tools Create Library. Give the library a name, Postgres, for example.
Add all of the needed class files (aka jar files) to the Library.
Save the library.
Go to your Project/Porject Options/ Required Library tab and add the new
library (in this example, Posgres).
Now the lib should be on your JB Project's classpath.
To use the DFBPilot, go to your /jbuilder/bin directory. Find the
dbpilot.config file. Open it in a text editor.
Go to the last addpath line and add a new one. Point the path to the
PostgresSQL jar files
Example:
addpath ../lib/ext/pg73jdbc3.jar
Save the file.
Now you should be able to create a connection in the DBPilot utility. If you
connect from the DBPilot, then JB should be able to use the Postgres
Databases per your connection parameters. If not, then you are missing key
JDBC files, or your PostgresSQL drivers are corrupt.

Re:Re: How to set up PostgreSQL jdbc driver in JBuilder??

Thanks, alot, this really helped, everything is ok now!!!