How to connect a database?

2003-09-02 10:14:11 PM
jbuilder3
I'm quite new with Java and use JBuilder9 Personal.
Now I want to learn something about Java and databases.
If I have a database (MS Access), which steps do I have to follow so I can add, remove and use values in an Access-database?

Re:How to connect a database?

W.H. Meeske wrote:
I'm quite new with Java and use JBuilder9 Personal.
Now I want to learn something about Java and databases.

If I have a database (MS Access), which steps do I have to follow so I can add, remove and use values in an Access-database?
I would suggest that you run through some of the samples provided with
JBuilder, which access the database (JDataStore) provided. Then once
you see how that works, you can move on to hooking up your MS Access
database.
As for hooking up MS Access, a simple Google search on this newsgroup
should reveal all the answers you need.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:How to connect a database?

In <3f54a5b3$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >W.H. Meeske wrote:

I'm quite new with Java and use JBuilder9 Personal.
Now I want to learn something about Java and databases.

If I have a database (MS Access), which steps do I have to follow so I
can add, remove and use values in an Access-database?

There are a number of good tutorials about DataExpress in the help (
Though it may not be available in the personal edition).. There is also
a lot of good resources about JDBC on the web....
As you read this material, if you have specific questions, just
holler..
John..
--
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please do not email replies or questions.

{smallsort}