Find definition option only shows stub file

2003-08-21 04:34:03 AM
jbuilder15
I am using JBuilder9, and would like to browse the SDK documention when I click on a class belonging to the sdk.
For example;
public class myTableModel extends AbstractTableModel {
}
When I right click on AbstactTableModel, and select "find defintion" it should show me the AbstractTableModel.java file, instead it shows me a stub definition.
JBuilder should parse through c:\jbuilder9\jdk1.4\src.zip, but
instead is is looking at [c:\jbuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\rt.jar]/javax/swing/table/AbstractTableModel.class
Does anybody know how to change this?
Thanks,
Kevin

Re:Find definition option only shows stub file

"KP" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
When I right click on AbstactTableModel, and select "find defintion"
it should show me the AbstractTableModel.java file, instead it shows
me a stub definition.
This means your JDK definition doesn't have a pointer to the source zip.

Re:Find definition option only shows stub file

found it.
In JBuilder9, goto tools -- configure JDKs.
In the source tab, add the path to c:jBuilder9jdk1.4src.zip.
Now find definition will pickup the correct source file, and just the stub
*.class file.
"kp" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Thanks for the reply. This is the JDK that was installed with
JBuilder9. How do I change the definition to it will find src.zip?

Thanks,
Kevin

XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Tor Iver Wilhelmsen (TeamB)) wrote:
"KP" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>>When I right click on AbstactTableModel, and select "find defintion"
>>it should show me the AbstractTableModel.java file, instead it shows
>>me a stub definition.
>
>This means your JDK definition doesn't have a pointer to the source zip.

This message was posted using www.gdse.com/
This message was posted using www.gdse.com/

{smallsort}