How to include compiled JSP in my WAR file.

2006-07-12 03:17:35 AM
jbuilder9
Hi,
I'm using JBuilder 2006 and I'm building a web application that is running
on a tomcat server (5.5.15). I'd like to have my JSPs compiled, ready to go,
when they get to our tomcat server. I did check the "Check JSPs for error at
build time" checkbox in the project properties tab but the compiled JSPs
don't get included in my WAR file.
By the way, everything works fine when I transfer my WAR file to Tomcat and
Tomcat deploys it (uncompiled JSPs).
So, how do I include my compiled JSPs in my WAR file? Or, how do I tell
Tomcat to compile on deployment?
Thanks

Re:How to include compiled JSP in my WAR file.

Pete wrote:

I'm using JBuilder 2006 and I'm building a web application that is running
on a tomcat server (5.5.15). I'd like to have my JSPs compiled, ready to go,
when they get to our tomcat server. I did check the "Check JSPs for error at
build time" checkbox in the project properties tab but the compiled JSPs
don't get included in my WAR file.

By the way, everything works fine when I transfer my WAR file to Tomcat and
Tomcat deploys it (uncompiled JSPs).

So, how do I include my compiled JSPs in my WAR file? Or, how do I tell
Tomcat to compile on deployment?

Thanks

The Tomcat Client Deployer is one way:
tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html
Using Ant is another way:
scriptlandia.blogspot.com/2006/04/how-to-pre-compile-jsp-pages-for.html
I like Ant, since you can configure Ant tasks to run as part of the
regular JBuilder build process.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:How to include compiled JSP in my WAR file.

Thanks Lori, as you suggest, I'm gonna try the ANT solution. I'll let you
know (in a few days) how it went.
Cheers