Install error

2003-07-08 02:57:58 AM
jbuilder11
Hi Guys,
Even after installing JBuilder 9 Developer over and over again, I keep
getting the message "Additional Notes: ERROR - class
com.borland.install.iacc.QueryMergeModules.install() runtime exception:" in
the file "Borland_JBuilder_9_Developer_InstallLog.log". Could that be
possibly the reason why my Data Module wizards do not appear in the general
tab?
Thanks,
Andr?

Re:Install error

I tried to install D8 on my Win2000 Prof but failed as it gave me an error:
Error: 1305, that's about cannot acces the file
D:\Install\Program files\Borland\BDS\2.0\lib\Borland.Studio.Vcl.Design.dcpil
Anyone can send me this file please ?

Re:Install error

Alan wrote:
Anyone can send me this file please ?
The best way to get help is to post your problem in the
borland.public.install.delphi group. You'll find Borland folks there
who can help get you up and running.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

{smallsort}

Re:Install error

I have installed D2005 on a system also running D6. When I try to install
Zeos components (source package) I get the message
cannot load package rtl60. It contains unit system which is also contained
in package
rtl90.
From google-ing I found a post that something has been messed up in my
registry, but i can find D6 in my registry but not D9. Anyone an idea?
albert

Re:Install error

"albert drent" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have installed D2005 on a system also running D6. When I try to install
Zeos components (source package) I get the message
cannot load package rtl60. It contains unit system which is also
contained in package
rtl90.

From google-ing I found a post that something has been messed up in my
registry, but i can find D6 in my registry but not D9. Anyone an idea?
Information on D2005 should be under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Borland/BDS/3.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Borland/BDS/3.0
and probably some other locations. I don't know
what needs to be changed, but maybe this will get
you started.
I'd back up the registry before making any changes.
Good luck.
--
Charles Appel
charlesappel.home.mindspring.com/

Re:Install error

I have installed D2005 on a system also running D6. When I try to install
Zeos components (source package) I get the message
cannot load package rtl60. It contains unit system which is also contained
in package
rtl90.
One cause of similar errors, e.g.
Two packages exist and and are installed in D6:
..\borland\delphi6\projects\bpl\zeosdespack60.bpl
..\borland\delphi6\projects\bpl\zeosrunpack.bpl
and these package also exist and are installed in D9:
..\my documents\borland studio projects\bpl\zeosdespack90.bpl
..\my documents\borland studio projects\bpl\zeosrunpack.bpl
The problem is that two run-time packages of the same name exist,
that were built with different versions of the rtl. This means
whichever happens to be found first on the Windows PATH will be
loaded. The resolution is to manage the PATH so that the one you
currently want is first or to use a package suffix to differeniate
all packages, i.e. add a "90" to the end of the each package name.
--Craig

Re:Install error

all packages, i.e. add a "90" to the end of the each package name.
That is, add a "60" to the end of all packages built with and
for Delphi 6 usage and a "90" to the end of all packages built
with and for BDS 2005 usage.
--Craig

Re:Install error

Thanks, that was very helpful. Now I understand what's happening. I solved
the isue by a small .bat file changing the program path to Delphi 6. This
way the correct bpl is found. It's a temporary problem since I have to
convert all 6 stuff into 2005, which is going rather well.
Albert