Re: Changing LnF dynamically creates componets size changes abnormally

2003-08-05 06:50:50 AM
jbuilder7
"Kostas" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When i change dynamically the Look and Feel of my application some
componets
size changes abnormally (the edges of a label or a button are
unvisible).
What layout manager are you using for your components? XYLayout? If
so, don't. This is a perfect example of why you shouldn't use that
layout.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Re: Changing LnF dynamically creates componets size changes abnormally

Kostas:
If you're going to toggle L&F you really must use a non-coordinate based
layout manager. The L&F changes, well, how the components look. In some
cases borders show up or disappear, for example. The standard font may
be different per L&F which can make things shift.
To totally avoid it you would have to write your own L&F.
-Rich
Kostas wrote:
Hi all,
When i change dynamically the Look and Feel of my application some componets
size changes abnormally (the edges of a label or a button are unvisible).
How can i avoid this behaviour?. I call the pack method for all the frames
after the LnF change but the problem remains. Any ideas ?
Thanks for advance, kostas.