Wildcards in JVM 1.1 to 1.4

2004-04-01 03:53:33 PM
jbuilder24
Does anyone know of a good string wildcard tokenizer class? I need to
implement wildcards (?,*), but don't want to start from scratch. Which
class performs wildcard tokenization in JBuilder? That is, prior to JVM
1.4...
For instance, the search dialog in JBuilder7 has the option of using
wildcards...how is this implemented?
Thanks,
Walter Gildersleeve
Productivity Engineering, GmbH
Freiburg, Germany

Re:Wildcards in JVM 1.1 to 1.4

NullBock wrote:
Does anyone know of a good string wildcard tokenizer class? I need to
implement wildcards (?,*), but don't want to start from scratch. Which
class performs wildcard tokenization in JBuilder? That is, prior to JVM
1.4...

For instance, the search dialog in JBuilder7 has the option of using
wildcards...how is this implemented?

Not exactly sure I understand what you are asking. But I am assuming you are
wanting something like RegEx right?
Look for the Apache RegExp for Java. Will work with 1.3
jakarta.apache.org/regexp/index.html