Class javadoc fields

2004-11-12 08:11:42 PM
jbuilder6
Is there any way to gain more control of the javadoc fields that JBuilder
inserts when a class is created. It would e.g. be nice to have it lookup the
name of a user rather than just use a hardcoded user name.
Regards
Bo Rasmussen

Re:Class javadoc fields

forums.borland.com wrote:
Is there any way to gain more control of the javadoc fields that JBuilder
inserts when a class is created. It would e.g. be nice to have it lookup the
name of a user rather than just use a hardcoded user name.
You can edit the <user.home>/.jbuilder2005/javadocClass.template (or
.jbuilderx, .jbuilder9, ...) file to change the format. I always delete
the title and description fields along with a few other edits.
Another solution I've used from time to time is a code template
(Ctrl-J). You can do some things with code templates that you can't
easily do with the javadocClass.template file.
The username inserted in the header is stored in the .jpx.local file, so
it can be different for each developer working on the project. You
should just be able to have each developer change the name once on the
Project Properties dialog unless you change your own name on an hourly
basis. :-)
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Class javadoc fields

Hi Gillmer,
Thanks ;o)
Could you tell me where the templates are stored? I would like to distribute
templates that people 'invent' - how do I do that?
Regards
Bo Rasmussen
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
forums.borland.com wrote:
>Is there any way to gain more control of the javadoc fields that
JBuilder
>inserts when a class is created. It would e.g. be nice to have it lookup
the
>name of a user rather than just use a hardcoded user name.

You can edit the <user.home>/.jbuilder2005/javadocClass.template (or
.jbuilderx, .jbuilder9, ...) file to change the format. I always delete
the title and description fields along with a few other edits.

Another solution I've used from time to time is a code template
(Ctrl-J). You can do some things with code templates that you can't
easily do with the javadocClass.template file.

The username inserted in the header is stored in the .jpx.local file, so
it can be different for each developer working on the project. You
should just be able to have each developer change the name once on the
Project Properties dialog unless you change your own name on an hourly
basis. :-)

--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:Class javadoc fields

If you are talking about the code templates, import/export has been provided
for them since JBuilderX. This is at Tools | Preferences | Editor |
Templates and see the Import and Export buttons.
For earlier versions, you will have to edit the <USER
HOME>/.jbuilderN/user.properties file (where the N is the version number)
for each user when JBuilder is not running. (Or write an OpenTool to do it
programmatically.)
"forums.borland.com" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi Gillmer,

Thanks ;o)

Could you tell me where the templates are stored? I would like to
distribute
templates that people 'invent' - how do I do that?

Regards
Bo Rasmussen

Re:Class javadoc fields

Thanks