WHERE is the release 2 of JB 2007 ???

2007-06-17 06:02:46 AM
jbuilder8
Today I got an email from CodeGear that the release 2 for JB 2007 is
available. But where!?
At www.codegear.com/downloads/free/jbuilder are only
trials, enterprise edition. I'm looking for the developer edition.
Frank.

Re:WHERE is the release 2 of JB 2007 ???

I suppose you ask for Free version of JBuilder. Check Turbo JBuilder.
Doychin

Frank Gerhardt wrote:
Today I got an email from CodeGear that the release 2 for JB 2007 is
available. But where!?
At www.codegear.com/downloads/free/jbuilder are only
trials, enterprise edition. I'm looking for the developer edition.

Frank.
They don't always post free trials of all the separate editions. You
can get the Enterprise version and just ignore all the enterprise bits.
The feature matrix shows the differences:
www.codegear.com/article/34448/images/34448/JBuilder2007R2_FeatureMatrix.pdf
But if you are a current developer edition user, and you want an update,
then you are looking in the wrong place. You need the Java Developers
download area, which is here:
www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/jbuilder
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Lori M Olson [TeamB] schrieb:
But if you are a current developer edition user, and you want an update,
then you are looking in the wrong place. You need the Java Developers
download area, which is here:

www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/jbuilder
I was there and clicked on "JBuilder 2007 Java Developers Updates".
Then I get only updatws for the 2006 edition.
downloads.codegear.com/default.aspx
JBuilder 2007 Java Developer UpdatesEdition HTTP FTP
JBuilder 2006 Downloads

JBuilder 2006 Developer Edition (Windows)
Speeds Web application development with 2-way JSF and Struts visual designers, increases productivity with the latest JDK 5.0 language features, improves code quality with integrated memory and CPU profiling tools, and facilitates distributed development with new code-level collaboration features such as shared editing and joint debugging.

(480 MB)

JBuilder 2006 Developer Edition (Linux)
Speeds Web application development with 2-way JSF and Struts visual designers, increases productivity with the latest JDK 5.0 language features, improves code quality with integrated memory and CPU profiling tools, and facilitates distributed development with new code-level collaboration features such as shared editing and joint debugging.

(480 MB)

JBuilder 2006 Enterprise Edition (Windows)
Speeds enterprise Java development with code-level collaboration features that keep distributed teams in sync, intuitive 2-way designers that allow developers to seamlessly alternate between code editing and visual design, integrated code quality tools, and migration capabilities that make it easy to move existing applications to JDK 5.0.

(480 MB)

JBuilder 2006 Enterprise Edition (Linux)
Speeds enterprise Java development with code-level collaboration features that keep distributed teams in sync, intuitive 2-way designers that allow developers to seamlessly alternate between code editing and visual design, integrated code quality tools, and migration capabilities that make it easy to move existing applications to JDK 5.0.

(480 MB)
So. where is JB 2007 r2???
Frank

Re:WHERE is the release 2 of JB 2007 ???

It is not a free upgrade. You need to buy it (I know, it sucks).
Download a free or trial version. It is R2, because it supports Linux.
- Alexey.
Frank Gerhardt wrote:
Lori M Olson [TeamB] schrieb:

>But if you are a current developer edition user, and you want an update,
>then you are looking in the wrong place. You need the Java Developers
>download area, which is here:
>
>www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/jbuilder

I was there and clicked on "JBuilder 2007 Java Developers Updates".
Then I get only updatws for the 2006 edition.

downloads.codegear.com/default.aspx

>JBuilder 2007 Java Developer UpdatesEdition HTTP FTP
>JBuilder 2006 Downloads
>
>JBuilder 2006 Developer Edition (Windows)
>Speeds Web application development with 2-way JSF and Struts visual designers, increases productivity with the latest JDK 5.0 language features, improves code quality with integrated memory and CPU profiling tools, and facilitates distributed development with new code-level collaboration features such as shared editing and joint debugging.
>
>(480 MB)
>
>JBuilder 2006 Developer Edition (Linux)
>Speeds Web application development with 2-way JSF and Struts visual designers, increases productivity with the latest JDK 5.0 language features, improves code quality with integrated memory and CPU profiling tools, and facilitates distributed development with new code-level collaboration features such as shared editing and joint debugging.
>
>(480 MB)
>

>JBuilder 2006 Enterprise Edition (Windows)
>Speeds enterprise Java development with code-level collaboration features that keep distributed teams in sync, intuitive 2-way designers that allow developers to seamlessly alternate between code editing and visual design, integrated code quality tools, and migration capabilities that make it easy to move existing applications to JDK 5.0.
>
>(480 MB)
>
>JBuilder 2006 Enterprise Edition (Linux)
>Speeds enterprise Java development with code-level collaboration features that keep distributed teams in sync, intuitive 2-way designers that allow developers to seamlessly alternate between code editing and visual design, integrated code quality tools, and migration capabilities that make it easy to move existing applications to JDK 5.0.
>

>(480 MB)

So. where is JB 2007 r2???

Frank
--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Alexey N. Solofnenko schrieb:
It is not a free upgrade. You need to buy it (I know, it sucks).
Download a free or trial version. It is R2, because it supports Linux.
I don't want to believe this. The R1 was such a mess, and the R2 not
free? Can sb from Borland/CodeGear please clarify this!?
Well, at downloads.codegear.com/default.aspx they
still list the JB 2006 updates under the heading of JB 2007. At least
there is the concept of "JBuilder 2007 Java Developer Updates".
Frank.

Re:WHERE is the release 2 of JB 2007 ???

Hi Folks,
If you are on Software Assurance this is a free upgrade of course. If you
are not on SA I'd strongly recommend it.
JB2007R2 is not a bug fix update, we've added features and platforms. For
the "Standard" JBuilder version, available to anyone on SA who bought
Developer or Professional, you get a *lot* of new features, including the
EJB and Web Services visual designer, Live Source UML, Audits and Metrics
and more.
As we stated during the JB2007 rollout, we're trying to update the product
with new features throughout the year instead of saving it all up for a "Big
Bang" release.
If you didn't buy SA when you bought JB2007 you can either buy R2 at an
upgrade price, or just buy SA now and be "grandfathered" in.
Joe McGlynn

On Jun 21, 5:15 pm, "Joe McGlynn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi Folks,

If you are on Software Assurance this is a free upgrade of course. If you
are not on SA I'd strongly recommend it.

JB2007R2 is not a bug fix update, we've added features and platforms. For
the "Standard" JBuilder version, available to anyone on SA who bought
Developer or Professional, you get a *lot* of new features, including the
EJB and Web Services visual designer, Live Source UML, Audits and Metrics
and more.

As we stated during the JB2007 rollout, we're trying to update the product
with new features throughout the year instead of saving it all up for a "Big
Bang" release.

If you didn't buy SA when you bought JB2007 you can either buy R2 at an
upgrade price, or just buy SA now and be "grandfathered" in.

Joe McGlynn
<snip>
unbelievable!! borland used to be one of the good guys...
-mark

Re:WHERE is the release 2 of JB 2007 ???

I also noticed it is not a bug fix. RMI stub generation does not use
project classpath and it does not find classes defined in other projects.
- Alexey.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko