Remove project from CVS

2003-11-06 07:08:21 AM
jbuilder17
Once a project is added to CVS is there a way through the IDE
to remove the project from CVS? I believe I have accomplished it
but I had to edit the projects local properties.

Re:Remove project from CVS

Michael Myers wrote:
Once a project is added to CVS is there a way through the IDE
to remove the project from CVS? I believe I have accomplished it
but I had to edit the projects local properties.
Do you want to clarify that statement? Are you trying to :
1. Make Jbuilder not see this project as controlled by CVS?
2. Put the project and all project files in the CVS repository attic?
3. Excise the project and all project files from CVS repository completely?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Remove project from CVS

I would like to know how to do option 3. Excise the project and
all project files from CVS repository completely through
JBuilder if possible.
Thanks

Michael Myers wrote:
I would like to know how to do option 3. Excise the project and
all project files from CVS repository completely through
JBuilder if possible.

Thanks

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>3. Excise the project and all project files from CVS repository completely?
Ok, AFAIK, there is no way to do that using CVS commands at all, so
there is no way of doing that with JBuilder.
All references I have found to removing repositories say to go to the
cvsroot on the repository server, and do "rm -rf". Cute, eh?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Remove project from CVS

Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
Ok, AFAIK, there is no way to do that using CVS commands at all, so
there is no way of doing that with JBuilder.
On the other hand, I don't think anyone really wants JBuilder to also
implement a full-fledged, full-featured general interface to CVS. That's
not its job.
Its job is to pull projects from CVS or any other revision management
system (and perhaps push new projects into CVS), and add, modify or
remove files. Any other maintenance activity belongs in a full-featured
CVS frontend (e.g. the cvs text-mode client, or WinCvs or gCvs). I'd
much rather that Borland expended development elsewhere where it's
needed a lot more..