JB2005 running on JDK 5.0

2005-02-26 08:35:29 AM
jbuilder1
Hi,
thanks to this post, I had JB2005 running on JDK5:
www.javalobby.org/forums/thread.jspa since applying update patches 1 & 3, it doesn't run anymore. Fromthe command line (JBuilder.exe -verbose), the exception is:*** OpenTool com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilderCore failed to initializejava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) atsun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)...Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: locationByPlatform at java.awt.Window.initIDs(Native Method) at java.awt.Window.<clinit>(Window.java:179)Does anyone know how to run JBuilder 2005 Update 3 on JDK 5.0?Many thanks,-Paul

Re:JB2005 running on JDK 5.0

Apologies for the zero formatting in my posting - dunno what happened there.
Just hope it doesn't happen again or it could be really annoying.
Here's my post again, hopefully with line breaks.
Hi,
thanks to this post, I had JB2005 running on JDK5:
www.javalobby.org/forums/thread.jspa
However, since applying update patches 1 & 3, it doesn't run anymore.

Paul wrote:
thanks to this post, I had JB2005 running on JDK5:
JBuilder 2005 was designed and developed to run on JDK 1.4. While you
may get it to run on JDK 5.0, that configuration is not supported.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

{smallsort}

Re:JB2005 running on JDK 5.0

That's fine but I'd still like to do it - if possible.
-Paul
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Paul wrote:

>thanks to this post, I had JB2005 running on JDK5:

JBuilder 2005 was designed and developed to run on JDK 1.4. While you
may get it to run on JDK 5.0, that configuration is not supported.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:JB2005 running on JDK 5.0

"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Does anyone know how to run JBuilder 2005 Update 3 on JDK 5.0?
I am NOT sure but I think that a Appserver/BES update patch for Jbuilder
2005 has been marked as Update number 3. Since Appserver runs on 1.4 this
update might change something that makes it impossible to run JB2005 in it.
Although I fail to see what NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 would have to
do with it!

Re:JB2005 running on JDK 5.0

Paul wrote:
That's fine but I'd still like to do it - if possible.
-Paul
I'm curious as to why. JBuilder was designed and optimized for JDK 1.4
and quite happily builds applications for JDK 5.0. What benefit do you
expect to get from JBuilder running under JDK 5.0?
--

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
I'm curious as to why. JBuilder was designed and optimized for JDK 1.4
and quite happily builds applications for JDK 5.0. What benefit do you
expect to get from JBuilder running under JDK 5.0?
That thread he linked to claims there are substantial performance
improvements when running under 1.5.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:JB2005 running on JDK 5.0

Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote:
That thread he linked to claims there are substantial performance
improvements when running under 1.5.
Ah. Sounds like a good enough reason.
(This posting composed on a legacy 750MHz laptop with 512MB RAM.)
--

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote:

>That thread he linked to claims there are substantial performance
>improvements when running under 1.5.

Ah. Sounds like a good enough reason.

(This posting composed on a legacy 750MHz laptop with 512MB RAM.)

Hey, I just gave a talk at the CJUG (www.cjug.com) about JDK 5.0
development with JBuilder, and I ran JBuilder 2005 Foundation (for the
demos) AND StarOffice (for the presentation) on Java Desktop System 2,
on a PIII 600 with 256 MB.
It's not a speedy configuration, but it is usable.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]