web project fail to start...

2005-01-20 07:20:11 PM
jbuilder8
Hi
After adding new jar (eg. jDom) to web project (through project
properties->required libraries) it fail to start. (jBuilderX). If i remove
this jar and do "web run using.." again, everything ok... Web module uses
Tomcat 4.1
Any ideas?
thx in advance
Here is an error:
StandardWrapper[:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker
20.01.2005 13:12:39 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:844)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:682)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:317)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:4
73)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:1
90)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at
FilterChain.java:247)
at
ain.java:193)
at
ee.frontdesk.synetry.clientmodule.filter.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilte
r.java:53)
at
FilterChain.java:213)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:256)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
va:191)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:494)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
at
)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
java:171)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
:174)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at
a:619)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re:web project fail to start...

Ilja Smoli wrote:
Hi
After adding new jar (eg. jDom) to web project (through project
properties->required libraries) it fail to start. (jBuilderX). If i
remove this jar and do "web run using.." again, everything ok... Web
module uses Tomcat 4.1
Any ideas?
thx in advance
You have a JSP file in the WAR that doesn't compile. Fix the JSP file
with the error and the application should work.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:web project fail to start...

Ilja Smoli wrote:
I have a project with web module (with tomcat) which runs normally.It
has a set of libraries. After Im adding any NEW JAR file to "lib"
(using project properties ->required libraries ) project fail to
start. This JAR is set of java classes, no JSPs there. Project
itselfs compiles fine, it is not started using "web run using ...".
Or even IT IS starting, I mean tomcat starting and if I point my
browser to ANY jsp of the project then Im gettin this error... Then
If I remove this library, it works well...

Then my next question is this: what library are you adding? There's
something in that library that is conflicting with the JSP compiler.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Re:web project fail to start...

I have a project with web module (with tomcat) which runs normally.It has a
set of libraries. After Im adding any NEW JAR file to "lib" (using project
properties ->required libraries ) project fail to start. This JAR is set of
java classes, no JSPs there. Project itselfs compiles fine, it is not
started using "web run using ...". Or even IT IS starting, I mean tomcat
starting and if I point my browser to ANY jsp of the project then Im gettin
this error... Then If I remove this library, it works well...
Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:844)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:682)
ApplicationDispatcher[]: Servlet.service() for servlet debugjsp threw
exception
An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
Generated servlet error:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
[javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Documents
[javac] Usage: javac <options><source files>
[javac] where possible options include:
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ilja Smoli wrote:

>Hi
>After adding new jar (eg. jDom) to web project (through project
>properties->required libraries) it fail to start. (jBuilderX). If i
>remove this jar and do "web run using.." again, everything ok... Web
>module uses Tomcat 4.1
>Any ideas?
>thx in advance

You have a JSP file in the WAR that doesn't compile. Fix the JSP file
with the error and the application should work.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:web project fail to start...

Hi, thx for replying me!
I tried to add: jDome, WhirlyCache, ShiftOneCache
I think this even not problem in libraires, but some bug in JB (or maybe in
tomcat imlementation in JB), cause I already had smth similiar before...
And if I put my project in Standalone tomcat (not under JB), it runs fine...
For me looks strange this lines in error (about invalid flag):
Generated servlet error:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
[javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Documents
And I provide a first lines of log upon starting project, maybe this helps:
C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\bin\javaw -classpath
"C:\JBuilderX\thirdparty\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-LE-jdk14\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:
\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\lib\tools.jar" -Dcatalina.home="C:/JBuilderX/thirdparty/j
akarta-tomcat-4.1.27-LE-jdk14"
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -config "C:\Documents and
Settings\ilja\My
Documents\projects\jbproject\eManager\Tomcat\conf\server8080.xml" start
21.01.2005 12:04:38 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.27-LE-jdk14
HostConfig[localhost]: Deploying configuration descriptor jb-default.xml
WebappLoader[]: Deploying class repositories to work directory C:\Documents
and Settings\ilja\My Documents\projects\jbproject\eManager\Tomcat\work
WebappLoader[]: Deploy class files /WEB-INF/classes to C:\Documents and
Settings\ilja\My
Documents\projects\jbproject\eManager\eManager\WEB-INF\classes
WebappLoader[]: Deploy JAR /WEB-INF/lib/activation.jar to C:\Documents and
Settings\ilja\My
Documents\projects\jbproject\eManager\eManager\WEB-INF\lib\activation.jar
WebappLoader[]: Deploy JAR /WEB-INF/lib/commons-beanutils.jar to
C:\Documents and Settings\ilja\My
Documents\projects\jbproject\eManager\eManager\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils
.jar

Ilja Smoli wrote:
[...]

The problem is that your project is in a directory that has spaces in
it. Java in general doesn't work well with such directory names. Move
your project somewhere else (e.g. C:\projects\MyProject) and the
problem should go away.