runtime > configuration config the -Xmx1024m

2008-06-05 12:59:33 AM
jbuilder2
I want to ask if I configure the project runtime properties VM
parameter -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m and then build an exe, will the exe really use
1024MB RAM for heap? or the configuration just affect the project run in
JBuilder (click run in JBuilder), not the output exe (double click the
.exe)?

Re:runtime > configuration config the -Xmx1024m

The runtime options only affect the project when running from within
JBuilder. These options are supplied to Java when JBuilder starts the
project.
For executable files produced with JBuilder 2006 and prior you have to
specify these options in separate config file and provide this config
file as option to Executable build task.
Doychin
kei wrote:
I want to ask if I configure the project runtime properties VM
parameter -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m and then build an exe, will the exe really use
1024MB RAM for heap? or the configuration just affect the project run in
JBuilder (click run in JBuilder), not the output exe (double click the
.exe)?

Re:runtime > configuration config the -Xmx1024m

how to specify these options in separate config file and provide this config
file as option to Executable build task?
my final target is when the user double click the exe, the VM
parameter -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m can automatically pass to JVM, is it possible
with JBuilder X?
thx!!
"Doychin Bondzhev" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

kei wrote:
>I want to ask if I configure the project runtime properties VM
>parameter -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m and then build an exe, will the exe really
>use 1024MB RAM for heap? or the configuration just affect the project run
>in JBuilder (click run in JBuilder), not the output exe (double click the
>.exe)?

{smallsort}

Re:runtime > configuration config the -Xmx1024m

Start JBuilder and then
File->New
Build->Native executable. Follow the instructions of the wizard. In the
wizard there are 3 specific pages for executables.
One is for the main class. The second is for the platforms you want to
target with your executables. The third is for the runtime
configuration. Check the documentation for more details.
After you complete the wizard steps there will be new node in the
project. Open properties for this node.
There are 2 specific pages in the node properties.
Executables - This one specifies the executables you want to generate.
Runtime - This one is used to provide the configuration file with your
options that you want to pass to the JVM and your application.
I suggest you read the help for these 2 pages and also read
"Creating configuration files for native executables"
Doychin