A Very Simple Question: Adding Files to a Project

2007-08-25 10:11:41 PM
jbuilder19
Hello,
I am using JBuilder 2007 (Turbo JBuilder), and have sucessfully created a project and created a new file for the project. Everything seems to work properly if I create a file within the IDE and then build and run the project.
How can I add an existing file to the project? This seems like a very simple operation, and I have searched Help, Newsgroups, and the Internet for the answer, but cannot find anything.
Thank you,
John Murphy

Re:A Very Simple Question: Adding Files to a Project

Are you adding the file to the project outside the IDE? Then just
right-click on the project or the package you added the file and select
Refresh.
You can also just use drag & drop to add an external file to a project.
"John Murphy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Hello,

I am using JBuilder 2007 (Turbo JBuilder), and have sucessfully created a
project and created a new file for the project. Everything seems to work
properly if I create a file within the IDE and then build and run the
project.

How can I add an existing file to the project? This seems like a very
simple operation, and I have searched Help, Newsgroups, and the Internet
for the answer, but cannot find anything.

Thank you,

John Murphy

Re:A Very Simple Question: Adding Files to a Project

Thank you; I was looking for a menu item named "add files to project" or "include files." It is much simpler than I thought.

news:46d0389d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hello,
>
>I am using JBuilder 2007 (Turbo JBuilder), and have sucessfully created a
>project and created a new file for the project. Everything seems to work
>properly if I create a file within the IDE and then build and run the
>project.
>
>How can I add an existing file to the project? This seems like a very
>simple operation, and I have searched Help, Newsgroups, and the Internet
>for the answer, but cannot find anything.
>
>Thank you,
>
>John Murphy

{smallsort}