Importing Packages in JBuilder6

2007-08-20 01:50:39 PM
jbuilder4
Hello;
I am working with JBuilder6 on Windows XP. I am trying to import a
package into the file at
basepath\Examples\classes\examples\PkgImport_Demo.class. According to
JBuilder, that imported package must be in a subdirectory of
basepath\Examples\ classes\examples where upon I would use the
"import" statement in PkgImport_Demo.java to import public classes
from that package. Where do I place the packege I want to import & how
do I get it there ???
Thanks,
--
Alvin Randolph

Re:Importing Packages in JBuilder6

Alvin Randolph wrote:
I am working with JBuilder6 on Windows XP. I am trying to import a
package into the file at
basepath\Examples\classes\examples\PkgImport_Demo.class. According to
JBuilder, that imported package must be in a subdirectory of
basepath\Examples\ classes\examples where upon I would use the "import"
statement in PkgImport_Demo.java to import public classes from that
package. Where do I place the packege I want to import & how do I get it
there ???
In order to reference a class or package in an import statement, you
need to add a library containing that class or package to the
"Required Libraries" tab in Project Properties>General.
In this particular case, I'm going to guess that
"Examples/classes/..." is the output path of another project of
yours. Is that right?
If so, you would press the "Add..." button in the "Required Libraries"
tab, and switch to the "Projects" tab of the "Add to Project
Classpath" dialog. Navigate to the "Examples" folder where your
".jpx" file is most likely located and select that JBuilder project
file.
If this is not, then I would suggest archiving the contents of the
"Examples/classes/" folder into a .zip or .jar file, and then follow
the advice in the JBuilder help on making and adding a JBuilder
library to your project.
(Please note: I don't have JBuilder 6 on my machine -- it's quite
old -- so I'm referring to what I see in JBuilder 2006. You may
have to be creative and look for similar functionality in version 6.
It's there, just the names of the dialogs and so on may have changed.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: