Project groups forget projects added with workround

2004-06-03 12:36:49 AM
jbuilder19
Hello all,
I am using JBuilder X (10.0.204.0)
on Suse 9.1
with Sun Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
version 1.4.2_01-b06
Bug description: to a group which contains 6 projects I try to add a seventh
but after closing down JBuilder and restarting the seventh project is
forgotten.
I am not sure whether the absolute number of projects in the group has any
relevance but I have managed to add six projects without having to use my
workround.
The workround:
Add the new project and then add another project that you do not want in the
group. I added the projects using the right mouse click on the group in the
project pane and then select "add project...". Next, from the right click
mouse menu select "properties..." and then select the unwanted project that
you have just added and click "Remove". OK out of that and then close the
group, again through the right click of the group in the projects pane. At
this point you should be prompted to save the group descriptor file, do
that and then re-open the group, this can be done through the File->Reopen
on the main menu bar. The project you first added (the one you wanted to
add) will now be firmly in the group.
It is noticeable that, if you close the group after just adding a project,
you do not get prompted to save the group descriptor file.
By the way, is there any way to feed back bugs and workrounds to the
JBuilder team? I looked on the website but only found ways to get support
from Borland, do they not want our help?
--
Regards,
Peter Lewis.

Re:Project groups forget projects added with workround

Peter Lewis wrote:

By the way, is there any way to feed back bugs and workrounds to the
JBuilder team? I looked on the website but only found ways to get support
from Borland, do they not want our help?

1. Thanks for the detailed description and workaround!
2. Tools | Quality Central from inside JBuilder or qc.borland.com
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)