version 5

2004-06-07 08:01:28 AM
jbuilder0
It seems from the postings I have read that the Borland JBuilder is a bear
to install. What do I have to look forward to when I start developing?
Microsoft's J++ Net is looking better all the time.
regards

Re:version 5

Ronald Maras wrote:
It seems from the postings I have read that the Borland JBuilder is a bear
to install. What do I have to look forward to when I start developing?
Microsoft's J++ Net is looking better all the time.

regards

Exactly what problem have you experienced when installing JBuilder?
BTW, there is no such product as "Microsoft J++ Net". There is,
however, a product called "Microsoft J# .NET". I would not recommend
using this language for new development, as it was intended mainly as a
migration path for the developers who were left out to dry when
Microsoft lost the right to use the JVM in their Microsoft Visual J++
product. J# lacks many features, making it a second-class citizen in
the .NET world. If you want to go and use the .NET framework, for
languages I'd recommend Visual Basic .NET for the beginner programmer,
and C# .NET for the experienced programmer.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:version 5

"Ronald Maras" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It seems from the postings I have read that the Borland JBuilder is a bear
to install. What do I have to look forward to when I start developing?
Microsoft's J++ Net is looking better all the time.

If you can install MS Office, JB is no more difficult to install than
Office. :)
If you do have any problems, post them here and the ng should be able to
assist you.

{smallsort}