rmi connection problem

2005-04-25 09:09:40 PM
jbuilder6
Hi,
My java application (client - server; rmi) was running OK as demo on my old
laptop (NT).
I installed the application on a new laptop (XP Prof) and I put the XP
firewall off (because I know it blocks a rmi connection).
Nevertheless I still get a java.net.ConnectException: connection refuse.
The client-server app is running on my laptop as demo (so no other computers
are involved).
Someone an idea for getting my app running?
Thanks
Walter

Re:rmi connection problem

null Integrated Logistic Systems wrote:

My java application (client - server; rmi) was running OK as demo on my old
laptop (NT).
I installed the application on a new laptop (XP Prof) and I put the XP
firewall off (because I know it blocks a rmi connection).
Nevertheless I still get a java.net.ConnectException: connection refuse.

The client-server app is running on my laptop as demo (so no other computers
are involved).

Someone an idea for getting my app running?

Thanks

Walter

Hy,
You could use DataExpress with JDataStore or with any other DB. First i
suggest you check the Database Application Developer's Guide from
JBuilder Help where you'll find more detalis related to Parameterized
queries in "Retrieving data from a data source" chapter. Using a
parameterized query is a way of solving your problem.
You'll find all the help you'll need in Jbuilder "Database Application
Developer's Guide".
Hope this will help....
Bye

Re:rmi connection problem

Adrian P. wrote:
null Integrated Logistic Systems wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My java application (client - server; rmi) was running OK as demo on
>my old
>laptop (NT).
>I installed the application on a new laptop (XP Prof) and I put the XP
>firewall off (because I know it blocks a rmi connection).
>Nevertheless I still get a java.net.ConnectException: connection refuse.
>
>The client-server app is running on my laptop as demo (so no other
>computers
>are involved).
>
>Someone an idea for getting my app running?
>
>Thanks
>
>Walter

Hy,

You could use DataExpress with JDataStore or with any other DB. First
i suggest you check the Database Application Developer's Guide from
JBuilder Help where you'll find more detalis related to Parameterized
queries in "Retrieving data from a data source" chapter. Using a
parameterized query is a way of solving your problem.

You'll find all the help you'll need in Jbuilder "Database Application
Developer's Guide".

Hope this will help....

Bye
Sorry, i've posted the wrong message!!!
The answer to your problem was:
Try verifying the opened ports and connections: "netstat -a". Also look
at what IP is your RMI Server binding to. If you have any other problem
give me more details about your app. Is it running on standard RMI ports?
Hope you'll solve this.
Adrian

{smallsort}