skuless add-on prompt?

2003-09-06 09:37:46 PM
jbuilder7
Hi,
When I crank up JB9 mobile edition under windows, I'm getting a message that
says something about needing a license key for "skuless add-on".
Has anyone else seen this?

Re:skuless add-on prompt?

Any thoughts on this?

news:3f59e325$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hi,
>
>When I crank up JB9 mobile edition under windows, I'm getting a message

that

>says something about needing a license key for "skuless add-on".
>
>Has anyone else seen this?

The only time I remember seeing a message like that was when I was using
MobileSet, and it was a separate add-on for JBuilder. It's integrated now.
Have you tried using the license manager to remove your license, and
then try adding it again?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:skuless add-on prompt?

I haven't tried that. Thanks for the suggestion...
Now I've got a bigger problem. I tried to revert back to my previous
install of JBuilder 8, and now I'm getting that message, and the following:
"AboutForm.java": Error #: 750 : initialization error:
com.borland.compiler.symtab.LoadError: java.io.IOException: class not found:
class java.lang.Object
I've done the control panel remove of everything JB and mobile related,
re-installed from the CD. I've moved the old directory (with the contents
of things that didn't get deleted during the remove) and it still gives me
the message above. Is there something in the registry I can delete so I
can just install clean, type of serial number and authorization key in, and
just get back to using JB8?
"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Steve Pietrowicz wrote:
>Any thoughts on this?
>

>"Steve Pietrowicz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:3f59e325$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>When I crank up JB9 mobile edition under windows, I'm getting a message
>
>that
>
>>says something about needing a license key for "skuless add-on".
>>
>>Has anyone else seen this?

The only time I remember seeing a message like that was when I was using
MobileSet, and it was a separate add-on for JBuilder. It's integrated
now.

Have you tried using the license manager to remove your license, and
then try adding it again?

--

Regards,

Lori Olson (TeamB)

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:skuless add-on prompt?

I ran JBuilder from the command line using the "-license" option, removed my
serial number and re-added it.
The License manager shows "Temporary License Keys" for JBuilder 9 (expired)
and Sku-less add-on (expired).
It gives me no way to remove those.
How do I go about doing that?

Steve Pietrowicz wrote:
I haven't tried that. Thanks for the suggestion...

Now I've got a bigger problem. I tried to revert back to my previous
install of JBuilder 8, and now I'm getting that message, and the following:

"AboutForm.java": Error #: 750 : initialization error:
com.borland.compiler.symtab.LoadError: java.io.IOException: class not found:
class java.lang.Object

That one most likely means you've got a screwed up JDK install. Go to
Tools | Configure JDK's and try to reconfigure your JDK.
And, BTW, you can't remove Temporary License keys, if they've expired.
Hopefully they'll get around to "fixing" that feature one of these days.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:skuless add-on prompt?

I'm having a very similar problem. I downloaded the latest Mobile
Edition for JBuilder9 (Personal), installed it, and used it for
several days with no problem... it created midlets with no problem. I
had to restart my PC for an unrelated reason. Now when I start
JBuilder I get the Registration Wizard for the 'SKUless add-on'. I
enter the same .txt file I used originally for the installation (in
the 'Have Activation File' entry), and the registration windo
continually returns to the same 'SKUless add-on' display!
I've tried removing and reinstalling the Mobile Edition but with the
same results.

Re:skuless add-on prompt?

Thanks. I got my old JB8 working again.
I don't mind the temporary keys, and understand why they're there. The
problem with the "Skuless" one is that it should have been removed with the
JB9 install happened, since a previous install of mobile set existed.
If they can't even get that right, what else is wrong with JB9? I'll stick
with JB8 for now.