licence problems on multiple machines in 1 domain

2003-08-26 09:53:17 PM
jbuilder22
L.s.
Maybe someone can help me with the following case:
we have windows windows 2000 on the clients and want to install j-builder 9
I have received a file fot mutliple licenses.
BUT....for security and diskspace reasons we MUST delete the profile of a
user when he/she logs of.
When creating a license (borland.lic) it seems like the loginname is used to
create a key.
So each time a user logs on, he has to tell the program where the
licencefile is situated.
Since about 100 people will use it, this is undesirable. Does anyone know
how to work around this?
What we want is that the license is not user activated, but computer
activated. Anybodu know if and how this is possible?
Best regards,
Jean-pierre Verster

Re:licence problems on multiple machines in 1 domain

[This followup was posted to borland.public.install.jbuilder and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]
In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
Normally the licenses are user based, not computer based. Assuming you have
100 people, you need 100 licenses. Each developer would need to register
online for each computer he/she wishes to use that license. Information about
the computer & user is used to create the .lic file, so it cannot be used
on multiple machines.
From your reply addres, I see that you are an educational institute, so
different policies may apply to you as defined in your contract.