why can't use the OC4J 903 plug-in in JBuilder 9EE ???

2003-10-21 07:53:33 PM
jbuilder22
I install the jbuilder 9ee and the OC4J 903 container in windows.
I setup the oc4j 903 plug-in for developing j2ee .
why can't no run the webapp and debug the webapp??

Re:why can't use the OC4J 903 plug-in in JBuilder 9EE ???

Jacky Rateng wrote:
I install the jbuilder 9ee and the OC4J 903 container in windows.

I setup the oc4j 903 plug-in for developing j2ee .

why can't no run the webapp and debug the webapp??

OC4J? What is that?.
Ok, I assumed from the name it was some Oracle thing, and used Google to
discover it's some kind of scaled down version of Oracle's app server.
Searched for the plugin on CodeCentral, only a very old one exists
there. The new ones live on Oracle's site.
I think you need to talk to Oracle about it.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:why can't use the OC4J 903 plug-in in JBuilder 9EE ???

Hi, Lori M
I had download the standalone OC4J and install my windows system.
The jbuilder9ee CD has the oc4j903 plug-in package.
The OC4J Plug-in package may be configured in the jbuilder menu
"Tools ->Configure Servers ->oracle9i application server 903" options.
In my j2ee project , I can config the project server to use the ias903
server
as web test server. but , I dont't run the oc4j of ias903 to run or debug
app web,
so such the jsp / servlet / html .
the oc4j can't normal shutdown after running webapp. the running begin, the
oc4j
can have some error message is following :
Warning: Error reading transaction-log file
(/D:/oc4j_extended/j2ee/home/persistence/transaction.state) for recovery:
premature
end of fileForced or abrupt (crash etc) server shutdown detected, starting
recovery
process...
it always had the server port when I shutdown the oc4j. so I can't rebind
the port
in next running time.
I answered oracle services, but they needed me to ask borland , because the
oc4j
plug-in is related jbuilder 9 product. I thinks so.
anyone has successfully using the oc4j903 plug-in with jbuilder9 in last
project.
please help me!!!
"Jacky Rateng" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >дʼ
I install the jbuilder 9ee and the OC4J 903 container in windows.

I setup the oc4j 903 plug-in for developing j2ee .

why can't no run the webapp and debug the webapp??

{smallsort}

Jacky Rateng wrote:

the oc4j can't normal shutdown after running webapp. the running begin, the
oc4j
can have some error message is following :

Warning: Error reading transaction-log file
(/D:/oc4j_extended/j2ee/home/persistence/transaction.state) for recovery:
premature
end of fileForced or abrupt (crash etc) server shutdown detected, starting
recovery
process...

Hmm. Can you start it up, and attempt to shut it down, and then post
all the log messages? Maybe there is something useful in the log that
will help us diagnose the problem.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

"Jacky Rateng" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I install the jbuilder 9ee and the OC4J 903 container in windows.

I setup the oc4j 903 plug-in for developing j2ee .

why can't no run the webapp and debug the webapp??

First of all, have you correctly installed OC4J?
To correct instal you should unzip your oc4j package, then run
"java -jar oc4j.jar -install", after that enter admin password twice,
for example "manager".
Then in JBuilder ->Configure Servers ->Oracle 9i Application Server 903 in
Custom tab ypu should enter correct login and password to your local OC4J,
for example "admin" and "manager".
After that server shutdown from JBuilder should work correctly.
Now about debuging, i've not found any pissibility to debug JSP, but it is
possible to debug for example Beans or classes that are deployed to OC4J and
are invoked from JSP or servlets. If you are intereseted, write me an
e-mail.
Best regards, Nikolajs Sulima
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:why can't use the OC4J 903 plug-in in JBuilder 9EE ???

I've forgot one more thing,
To make oc4j stop correctly from jbuilder, you should enter correct port in
Project properties->Run->Oc4j settings
And don't forget that Oc4j by defult listens 8888 port and JBuilder listens
the same port.
Nikolajs Sulima
news:3f951fa1$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...