Does the wsdltutorial work for JBX-E

2004-01-27 03:24:35 AM
jbuilder16
I posted this to the webservices news group, but that looks to be a
rather sleepy news group. Perhaps I'm better off asking here. This is
kind of important from my perspective. One of the most important
advantages to using JBuilder is to reduce the time it takes to learn new
technologies.
I'm using the 30 Day Trial of JBuilderX and I'm trying to work through
the tutorial
jar:file:/<instal-path>/JBuilderX/doc/jb_ws.jar!/websvcs/wsdl/wsdltutorial.html
It seems as though the service is never deployed. When I try to run the
client according to the instructions, I get a message saying "This
service is currently disabled." If I select "Locally hosted service you
built", and "Submit", I get:
com.borland.demo.web.IndexBean.getOutputParam()
AxisFault
faultCode: {xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
faultSubcode:
faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to
invoke! targetService is BabelFishBindingImpl
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
faultCode: {xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
faultSubcode:
faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to
invoke! targetService is BabelFishBindingImpl
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService
is BabelFishBindingImpl
at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
at
net.xmethods.www.sd.BabelFishService_wsdl.BabelFishBindingStub.babelFish(BabelFishBindingStub.java:98)
at com.borland.demo.web.IndexBean.getOutputParam(IndexBean.java:51)
I see the URL points to
"http://localhost:8080/myservice/services/BabelFishBindingImpl"
That URL doesn't work when I hit it manually either.
Have I followed the instructions incorrectly, or are the instructions
wrong. I believe I've done things correctly. I'm going to recreate the
entire project from scratch to see if I get a different result. I would
really like to know if this tutorial has an error. I'm just learning to
work with the Java Web Services Developer Pack, so troubleshooting bugs
in the documentation is difficult.
STH