can't display GUI

2004-07-16 07:18:00 PM
jbuilder19
Hi there,
I'm having difficulty running any GUI application and I'm wondering if it
has anything to do with a message I keep getting from the JVM that states:
Java2D Direct3D usage disabled by J2D_D3D env
If these are disabled, then how do I re-enable them?
Alan

Re:can't display GUI

Alan Shiers wrote:
Hi there,

I'm having difficulty running any GUI application and I'm wondering if it
has anything to do with a message I keep getting from the JVM that states:

Java2D Direct3D usage disabled by J2D_D3D env

If these are disabled, then how do I re-enable them?

Alan
Is your default project properties adding both J2D and J3D in the same
Project?

Re:can't display GUI

I'm not using either of these packages. Why they would be disabled even is
beyond me! I was able to get my application to run due to a small logic
error on my part, however, no matter what java application I try to run,
that same message from the JVM keeps cropping up. Why would these packages
be disabled...what does that even mean? To access a package we generally
include import statements in our code.
Alan
"Paul Nichols (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Alan Shiers wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm having difficulty running any GUI application and I'm wondering if
it
>has anything to do with a message I keep getting from the JVM that
states:

>Java2D Direct3D usage disabled by J2D_D3D env
>
>If these are disabled, then how do I re-enable them?
>
>Alan

Is your default project properties adding both J2D and J3D in the same
Project?

{smallsort}

Re:can't display GUI

Alan Shiers wrote:
I'm not using either of these packages. Why they would be disabled even is
beyond me! I was able to get my application to run due to a small logic
error on my part, however, no matter what java application I try to run,
that same message from the JVM keeps cropping up. Why would these packages
be disabled...what does that even mean? To access a package we generally
include import statements in our code.

Alan

If you are talking about running from within JBuilder, there are some
settings in the jdk.config file that may or may not have an effect on
Java 2D or 3D.
But, if you are NOT using these packages, then the error message you are
looking at is probably a red herring. I have seen that message crop up
while running other applications that worked perfectly.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]