bussiness looking e-mail address

2004-05-20 04:33:49 PM
jbuilder11
Few months ago I switched to Yahoo e-mail account for bussiness purpouses
also, because my old service provider did not have spam filter.
I waited that long because I was aware that Yahoo and alike accounts does
not look "serious".
But, given the fact that Yahoo has high availability, and best spam filter
in the world, is it not now quite the opposite?
Meaning, Yahoo accounts are serious, and all the rest are not? :)
(It's not off-topic, you want all JBuilder users to look distinguished and
professional, lol)

Re:bussiness looking e-mail address

"Buch" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
But, given the fact that Yahoo has high availability, and best spam filter
in the world, is it not now quite the opposite?
Meaning, Yahoo accounts are serious, and all the rest are not? :)
IMHO, a yahoo/geocities/hotmail account still appears unprofessional and
mickey-mouse. I think it is still the case that if you try to do business
with such an address you won't be taken as seriously if you had a proper
business related address like mybusiness.com
Gerald

"Buch" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
But, given the fact that Yahoo has high availability, and best spam filter
in the world, is it not now quite the opposite?
Meaning, Yahoo accounts are serious, and all the rest are not? :)
What you *could* do was to register a domain with a registrar that
supports mail-forwarding for the domain's mail accounts (most do),
forward to the Yahoo! mail account and use a mail client which uses
the "professional" alias as the from address.
Best of both worlds and all that.

{smallsort}

Re:bussiness looking e-mail address

Yahoo does have commercial email options where you can use your own domain
name.
Mike