Board index » jbuilder » JDK 5.0 seems to be available

JDK 5.0 seems to be available


2004-09-30 11:16:41 AM
jbuilder0
JDK 5.0 just switched from release candidate to released. Not announced
yet, so the downloads are speedy. Get in there and get it now if you
want it, before the hordes get there and slow it down.
java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/index.jsp
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
------------
Save yourself, and everyone else, some time and search the
newsgroups and the FAQ-O-Matic before posting your next
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html
 
 

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

Right you are, 5.0 is out.
Does this mean the new JBuilder will be right behind it?
John R.
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
JDK 5.0 just switched from release candidate to released. Not announced
yet, so the downloads are speedy. Get in there and get it now if you
want it, before the hordes get there and slow it down.

java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/index.jsp
atic:
www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html
 

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

John Roberts wrote:
Quote
Right you are, 5.0 is out.

Does this mean the new JBuilder will be right behind it?
The new JBuilder is ahead of it. JBuilder 2005 is already available.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]
 

{smallsort}

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

Gee, I ordered JBuilder 2005 at Borcon and haven't got it
yet (but I did get my other goodies ordered there).
John Roberts
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
The new JBuilder is ahead of it. JBuilder 2005 is already available.
 

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

John Roberts wrote:
Quote
Gee, I ordered JBuilder 2005 at Borcon and haven't got it
yet (but I did get my other goodies ordered there).
Hmm, well the shop site makes it look available. I would imagine it's
right around the corner then, maybe already in the mail to you.
Did you pick up one of the trial CD's they were handing out? I don't
think they were in the bags to begin with, but they were available at
the door to the closing keynote if you noticed them.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]
 

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
Did you pick up one of the trial CD's they were handing out? I don't
think they were in the bags to begin with, but they were available at
the door to the closing keynote if you noticed them.
Yes, I grabbed one -- but my Delphi and Interbase showed up
so quickly (day after I returned from Borcon) that I just
assumed I could install the "real deal". If JBuilder 2005
is now shipping, do you think I should somehow report this
to Borland to trace my order?
John Roberts
 

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

John Roberts wrote:
Quote
If JBuilder 2005
is now shipping, do you think I should somehow report this
to Borland to trace my order?
I think it's only just shipping as of about a week to 10 days ago. I'd
give it another week or so and see what happens. It probably takes a
while to work through all the backorders. I guess it couldn't hurt to
check though.
I don't think there's any difference between the trial CD and the full
product though, except the license key and some of the bundled extras
that aren't included in the trial (like BES). So you could presumably
install from the trial CD for now and then upgrade to the new key when
you get it.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]
 

Re:JDK 5.0 seems to be available

My JBuilder 2005 showed up today.
I look forward to installing it tonight.
Maybe it was shipped later so it could include the actual release of JDK
5.0?
I've found (at work) that JavaDoc keeps changing between 1.5 beta releases.
It'd be nice to have the "final" version.
John Roberts