Populairty JBuilder?

2006-10-18 05:14:13 PM
jbuilder8
What is the global use and popularity, say market share of JBuilder
nowadays, if you compare it to Eclipse and InteliJ for example? Is it still
a mainstream IDE?

Re:Populairty JBuilder?

Actually Eclipse does no thave market share. Mostly becouse there is no
market behind it.
But the number of users is very big compared to jbuilder users.
All this ofcourse is becouse Eclipse is FREE while JBuilder costs a lot of
money.
I think that JBuilder is the wiedly used commercial IDE.
Doychin

"Doychin Bondzhev" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Actually Eclipse does no thave market share. Mostly becouse there is no
market behind it.
I just wonder if it would look good on my CV, still putting my old JBuilder5
Certification on the list of followed courses, et cetera.

{smallsort}

Re:Populairty JBuilder?

Sjors Dubbeljoe Boes wrote:
"Doychin Bondzhev" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >

>Actually Eclipse does no thave market share. Mostly becouse there is no
>market behind it.

I just wonder if it would look good on my CV, still putting my old JBuilder5
Certification on the list of followed courses, et cetera.

Since Java is Java (unlike VB or Delphi) the IDE is of small consequence.
I have had a few jobs specify an IDE during the pre-interview process,
but during the actual interview itself, they ask which ones I am
familiar with, but no one really makes an issue out of it. Of course,
years ago, it was more of an issue than it is today.
Eclipse, JDeveloper, NetBeans, and JBuilder are all similar in the way
they work. Some have more features than others or a different set, but
they are all similar.
Java developers who truly know their stuff, are not that easy to come
by. If I am hiring, I may ask which IDE they prefer and why, but I
really do not care which one(s) they have been using.
If the candidate is using what the company does, that's great, but it
surely will not disqualify them if they are or have been using something
else.
However, I do not know if I would list just one IDE on my resume.
Headhunters do not often know the difference, nor do HR managers. If the
company is using something other than your brand X, you may not get the
chance for an interview you deserve. If you can list the top five
(JBuilder, Eclipse, NetBeans, Idea, JDeveloper), then you would be OK,
and then it may be helpful to list your IDE certs. Otherwise, I think I
would leave it off until you meet with the actual developers, then you
could mention it.
Just remember, one of the things you do not want to do (unless you are
applying for a specific job and know the requirements) is to pigeon hole
yourself on your resume.

Re:Populairty JBuilder?

"Paul Nichols [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Headhunters do not often know the difference, nor do HR managers.
Yes. And actually the JBdr Certification was not only about the IDE also,
but it could be ...
I'll just mention it, in one single line in the whole big lot of my CV..