why mysql database can not be connected?

2004-07-08 05:22:25 AM
jbuilder0
I add C:\Tomcat 5.0\common\lib\ to CLASSPATH(I use Win XP),
and I copy mysql driver to under C:\Tomcat 5.0\common\lib\.
And then I want to try the connection by fill "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" in the Driver, and fill "jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydatabasename" in the URL
But it failed, why?
Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Re:why mysql database can not be connected?

I didn't see mysql drive from the connection drop down menu.
So my questio is how can I do it inside the JBuilder to get the connection to mysql database?
Is the following steps right?
1.copy mysql driver to "C:\JBuilderX\thirdparty\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6-LE-jdk14\lib"
2. Add C:\JBuilderX\thirdparty\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6-LE-jdk14\lib to CLASSPATH.
3.Then fill in "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" in Driver, and "jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydatabasename" in the URL.
any suggestion?
weng
"Paul Nichols (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
weng wrote:

>I add C:\Tomcat 5.0\common\lib\ to CLASSPATH(I use Win XP),
>and I copy mysql driver to under C:\Tomcat 5.0\common\lib\.
>
>And then I want to try the connection by fill "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" in
>the Driver, and fill "jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydatabasename" in the URL
>
>But it failed, why?
>Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Tomcat 5.0 is not yet supported by JBuilder. So,if you are doing this
outside of JBuilder, I would suggest doing a full stack trace using Logger
from the Tomcat Select/JSP/Bean that you are attempting to connect from.

weng wrote:
I didn't see mysql drive from the connection drop down menu.
So my questio is how can I do it inside the JBuilder
to get the connection to mysql database?

Is the following steps right?
Unfortunately, no.
1.copy mysql driver to "C:\JBuilderX\thirdparty\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6-LE-jdk14\lib"
No. Organize your third-party libraries in some fashion, such
as creating a "d:/Java/Libraries" folder and putting them
in separate folders under this folder. Then, see below.
2. Add C:\JBuilderX\thirdparty\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6-LE-jdk14\lib to CLASSPATH.
JBuilder does not refer to the classpath, so it's absolutely
useless to do this.
This is stated in the documentation available via the Help menu.
3.Then fill in "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" in Driver,
and "jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydatabasename" in the URL.
Okay, but you have to set up JBuilder itself so that it is aware
of your driver.
Please consult the excellent information by going to the
JBuilder Help menu>Index tab; type "JDBC drivers" to start
your search. Choose "adding to JBuilder" and then
after reading that, read "adding to project".
Use the force, Luke.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: