Question about DataSetData and streamable data sets.

2004-08-19 04:36:31 PM
jbuilder19
Hi,
I am using JBuilder X Enterprise Edition.
By default DataSetData.extractDataSet is extracting all the rows from a
queryDataSet.
I am intrested to implement a custom provider that is providing the rows as
needed.
Even though the QueryDataSet is set up to load AS_NEEDED the extractDataSet
is forcing to load the whole result set.
Therefore I would like to know if there is a way to extract a part of the
data from the QueryDataSet and transfer it?
Thanks,
Costi.

Re:Question about DataSetData and streamable data sets.

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >florctn wrote:
Therefore I would like to know if there is a way to extract a part of
the data from the QueryDataSet and transfer it?
not that I am aware of...
you might control the dataset you extract by controlling the SQL
request.. Or.. Move the desired rows to and "in memory QDS" and then
extract from there..
John..
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html