jdbc issue

2004-06-21 02:12:49 AM
jbuilder8
Hi all,
I am the new for the database application with JDBC. Please help me with
following problem, I really appreciate!
What is the following mesager means and how to fix it. Thanks!
"Frame1.java": Error #: 314 : cannot access class javax.sql.XADataSource;
class not found: class javax.sql.XADataSource
Regards,

Re:jdbc issue

jiangl_1994 wrote:
Hi all,

I am the new for the database application with JDBC. Please help me with
following problem, I really appreciate!

What is the following mesager means and how to fix it. Thanks!

"Frame1.java": Error #: 314 : cannot access class javax.sql.XADataSource;
class not found: class javax.sql.XADataSource

Regards,
It would helpus to know the following:
(1) What type of application (Browser based, Swing app, Applet) you are
creating.
(2) What Database you are using (and what platform it is running on
[Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc]).
(3) What JDBC drivers you are using (per Database manufacturer, third party,
etc).
(4) Your connection parameters (JNDI, Pooling, or straight JDBC connection).
From your error message, it would appear that you are using a Datasource.
Are you doing this through JNDI? If so, what Web or app server container
are you using? Are you using struts, Hibernate, BMP EJBs, local Entity
Beans, etc.?
The javax.sql.XADatasource is an internal Factory class that is normally
associated with JNDI lookups. If you are indeed using JNDI, then I would
venture to guess that the JNDI registry service is either (a)using
incorrect naming conventions, (b) is not set up properly, (c) you have some
type of typo, or (b) The datasource class you are using is not on your
classpath.
Without more info, I am afraid that is as helpful as I can be.
Good luck!!
Paul