XmtNodes: creating a structure tree node not in the model -- e.g., the "EJB Local References" node

2004-04-03 01:55:32 AM
jbuilder11
The model I'm working with has a rather flat
structure which would benefit from collecting
similar nodes into what I might call a "synthetic"
structure tree node. As an example of this,
the "EJB Local References" node in a SessionBean's
node doesn't refer to an element named something
like <ejb-local-references>, but collects all
the <ejb-local-ref>elements of the <session>
bean element.
To be specific, from the ejb-jar, we
have
<session>
<display-name>Cart</display-name>
<ejb-local-ref>... </ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-local-ref>... </ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-local-ref>... </ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-local-ref>... </ejb-local-ref>
</session>
and the Structure Pane's tree looks like this
- Cart
EJB References
+ EJB Local References
and when expanded
- Cart
EJB References
- EJB Local References
ejb/OrderItem
ejb/ServerDataModule
Nodes "EJB References" and "EJB Local References"
do not correspond to nodes in the model and are
"synthetic" or "structural" for display categorization
purposes only.
So, the question is: how does one create such
"synthetic" or "structural" nodes? Is there a
part of the API that someone can point to which
would set me on my way?
Thanks.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)