App freeze upon e-mail notification?

2006-01-19 10:20:56 PM
jbuilder2
Hi,
I have a customer that tells me the app is freezing up every time he get
an e-mail notification and the app can only be exited via the
CTRL-ALT-DEL menu.
Does anyone have any experience how to prevent this from happening,
either in code, at installation time or PC setup.
Windows XP
Java>= 1.4
TIA

Re:App freeze upon e-mail notification?

Magnus wrote:

I have a customer that tells me the app is freezing up every time he get
an e-mail notification and the app can only be exited via the
CTRL-ALT-DEL menu.

Does anyone have any experience how to prevent this from happening,
either in code, at installation time or PC setup.

Windows XP
Java>= 1.4

TIA
I have never heard of this? What virus scanner is he using? Perhaps that
could be the culprit.

Paul Nichols [TeamB] wrote:
Magnus wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a customer that tells me the app is freezing up every time he get
>an e-mail notification and the app can only be exited via the
>CTRL-ALT-DEL menu.
>
>Does anyone have any experience how to prevent this from happening,
>either in code, at installation time or PC setup.
>
>Windows XP
>Java>= 1.4
>
>TIA

I have never heard of this? What virus scanner is he using? Perhaps that
could be the culprit.

Thanks Paul,
I don't know how it hangs and if it is every time etc. I don't know what
e-mail software or a possible virus scanner is used.
It might be that it put the app-screen behind another window and he
don't know how to find it or bring it forward.
I will post as I get more details.

{smallsort}