Re: Creating stand alone exe file

2006-08-24 04:13:57 AM
jbuilder7
Steve Stevenson wrote:
Is it possible to create a stand alone exe file using JBuilder? If so, how?
Sort of. Under "File | New | Build" you'll find "Native Executable
Builder". What this does is create an executable stub that knows how to
launch Java and run your application. In order for this to work, there
must be a previously installed JRE on your system.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:Re: Creating stand alone exe file

Hi,
Is it possible to create a stand alone exe file using JBuilder? If so, how?
Thanks in advacne,
Steve

Re:Re: Creating stand alone exe file

I could not find the following menu structure in JBuilder 4.0
"File | New | Build"
"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Steve Stevenson wrote:

>Is it possible to create a stand alone exe file using JBuilder? If so,
how?

Sort of. Under "File | New | Build" you'll find "Native Executable
Builder". What this does is create an executable stub that knows how to
launch Java and run your application. In order for this to work, there
must be a previously installed JRE on your system.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Steve Stevenson wrote:
I could not find the following menu structure in JBuilder 4.0
"File | New | Build"
That's not a JBuilder 4.0 feature as far as I know. I strongly recommend
upgrading to JBuilder 2006; if you're not using any advanced features, the
Foundation edition should be sufficient (and will probably be far advanced
beyond what you're using JBuilder 4.0 for).