JBuilder 2005 - UI Designer not working

2005-03-09 01:33:38 AM
jbuilder14
Hi all
I seem to be having no end of problems with my JBuilder 2005 and have been
having them for some time now. Basically the UI refuses so show anything.
Even the most simple of screens the labels dont display and i have to do it
pretty much by guess work. If i add a new one then i can see that, until i
close the program and reload it.
What makes this even more confusing is that it works without any problems on
my collegues PC (seemingly) I have applied the update which was released for
JBuilder on mine and i run an ATI graphics card (they are the only things i
can assume are causing me probs) but i was having problems before updating
jbuilder as well.
Also it seems to take AGES to try and display anything.
if anyone has any ideas i would be very grateful.
Jon

Re:JBuilder 2005 - UI Designer not working

LaughingJon wrote:
Hi all

I seem to be having no end of problems with my JBuilder 2005 and have been
having them for some time now. Basically the UI refuses so show anything.
Even the most simple of screens the labels dont display and i have to do it
pretty much by guess work. If i add a new one then i can see that, until i
close the program and reload it.

What makes this even more confusing is that it works without any problems on
my collegues PC (seemingly) I have applied the update which was released for
JBuilder on mine and i run an ATI graphics card (they are the only things i
can assume are causing me probs) but i was having problems before updating
jbuilder as well.

Also it seems to take AGES to try and display anything.

if anyone has any ideas i would be very grateful.

Jon

"I have applied the update"... Which update? Update 3 (aka the
Application Servers update)?
Have you looked in the <jbuilder>\bin\jdk.config file and played with
the settings related to video problems?
P.S. NOT an install issue. You are using JBuilder, so you have
installed it successfully. Questions like this should be asked in the
ide group.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]