ati problems

2003-12-22 09:26:08 PM
jbuilder22
I have the slow loading (if at all) problem, i have a radeon 9000 card, win
xp pro and an xp2500+ with 1gb of ram. I have tried different combinations
of altering the config file, but none of them seem to make any difference.
This has occured on 9 personal and x foundation.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in adavnce.
Iain.

Re:ati problems

I placed a simalar post previously, starting from the command prompt did not
show any problems (probably because the computer is basically unusable until
jbuilder has started/failed and the screen doesn't refresh). Am I missing
something? The computer can be made usable by starting the task manager
before jbuilder, then start jbuilder and change process priority to below
normal and as usuall jbuilder will either start or die a couple of hours
later.
"Student" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have the slow loading (if at all) problem, i have a radeon 9000 card,
win
xp pro and an xp2500+ with 1gb of ram. I have tried different combinations
of altering the config file, but none of them seem to make any difference.
This has occured on 9 personal and x foundation.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in adavnce.
Iain.

Re:ati problems

just re-checked, the command prompt only says that offscreen directdraw
acceleration has been disabled.

news:3fe6f11c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have the slow loading (if at all) problem, i have a radeon 9000 card,
win
>xp pro and an xp2500+ with 1gb of ram. I have tried different
combinations
>of altering the config file, but none of them seem to make any
difference.
>This has occured on 9 personal and x foundation.
>
>Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in adavnce.
>Iain.

{smallsort}

Re:ati problems

hang about,
3x "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"
have appeared.
Would this be because I have the XP core stored entirely in RAM instead of
using the page file, I do not use a page file as 256mb ram should be
sufficient when using a page file 3 times the size (total = 1gb), therefore
I wish to avoid using the page file as it is slow.
From: "Student" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Subject: Re: ati problems
Date: 22 December 2003 13:35
just re-checked, the command prompt only says that offscreen directdraw
acceleration has been disabled.
"Student" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I placed a simalar post previously, starting from the command prompt did
not
show any problems (probably because the computer is basically unusable
until
jbuilder has started/failed and the screen doesn't refresh). Am I missing
something? The computer can be made usable by starting the task manager
before jbuilder, then start jbuilder and change process priority to below
normal and as usuall jbuilder will either start or die a couple of hours
later.

"Student" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:3fe6f11c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have the slow loading (if at all) problem, i have a radeon 9000 card,
win
>xp pro and an xp2500+ with 1gb of ram. I have tried different
combinations
>of altering the config file, but none of them seem to make any
difference.
>This has occured on 9 personal and x foundation.
>
>Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in adavnce.
>Iain.

Re:ati problems

hmm, it seems i do use a paging file 1.5gb worth (even worse!).
my mistake , sorry. The XP core is in RAM though. Although presonally I
think that should not make any difference.
I have also changed the windows temporary directories to use another
partition (e) , not the system partition (c). Could this be a factor?

From: "Student" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Date: 22 December 2003 13:35

news:3fe6f251$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...