Complete posting: Troubles with DD-editor/ overwrites ejb-borland.xml

2004-09-02 09:43:08 PM
jbuilder10
[Please ignore the two previous messages of the same topic which were accidentally sent before I could finish. Thank you!]
(Equipment: JBuilder X / BES 6.0)
I've been trying to define table properties ("datasource") in the ejb-borland.xml file.
Example:
[...]
<property>
<prop-name>datasource</prop-name>
<prop-type>String</prop-type>
<prop-value>serial://datasources/xyz</prop-value>
</property>
But whatever I enter using the little tree view (whis is next to the dd editor) is lost when the window is closed. I can't edit or overwrite the existing settings when trying to change the datasource.
I've then tried to edit the ejb-borland.xml file manually, but next time I open the dd editor, all my changes are reverted and overwritten.
What's wrong- is there any other file I should check?

Re:Complete posting: Troubles with DD-editor/ overwrites ejb-borland.xml

Please make sure that you have all JBuilder X patches installed.
You can also set the data source property from the EJB designer. Switch to
the EJB designer and click on the title bar for the bean and click on the
Properties button.
- Lata
"nni" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the reply.
Please make sure that you have all JBuilder X patches installed.
Last patch I installed is 003, which I installed some months ago. I'm not aware of any newer one(s).
You can also set the data source property from the EJB designer. Switch to
the EJB designer and click on the title bar for the bean and click on the
Properties button.
Tried that before and now again - to no avail. Whatever I enter there must be stored somewhere somehow - because next time I open the bean properties, my last datasource entry is displayed correctly. But it does nothing on the ejb-borland.xml file, and the deployment descriptor editor ("structure" tree view, node "table properties", expanding a table, node "properties", property "datasource") still keeps displaying the old value.
I have no idea how to change the datasource. The info seems to be stored somewhere else in jbuilder and for some reason the old settings keep coming back.
So what should I do? Throw away my ejb-borland.xml and create a new one from scratch? (Nightmare, but if it works ...)
I know I got these datasources configured months ago, deployment worked, and I never had to touch them since. But now I have to change one datasource for a numer of tables and that should be possible, shouldn't it?
I watched the ejb-borland.xml file while working with the deployment descriptor editor. No changes I enter in the deployment descriptor editor are ever saved to the file, even if I remove a datasource property. As soon as I leave the editor or click "save", the file is "touched" or re-written but its content is the same as before. Check back to the dd editor and see the ol' datasource I just removed or changed ...

{smallsort}

Re:Complete posting: Troubles with DD-editor/ overwrites ejb-borland.xml

You can also set the data source property from the EJB designer. Switch to
the EJB designer and click on the title bar for the bean and click on the
Properties button.
Update: Tried that again and found out that in the ejb-borland.xml file the data source property set from the EJB designer as you described is stored below the "entity" node like that:
<enterprise-beans>
<entity>
<property>
<prop-name>ejb.datasource</prop-name>
<prop-type>java.lang.String</prop-type>
<prop-value>WHATEVER</prop-value>
</property>
</entity>
</enterprise-beans>
And I can indeed change and save that property with the EJB-designer. But that wasn't what I meant, I meant the following property:
<property>
<prop-name>datasource</prop-name>
<prop-type>String</prop-type>
<prop-value>serial://datasources/DATASOURCENAME</prop-value>
</property>
This "DATASOURCENAME" is the value that I simply cannot change. It's overwritten with its old value as soon as I save or leave the dd editor / ejb designer.

Re:Complete posting: Troubles with DD-editor/ overwrites ejb-borland.xml

Did you try renaming the data source in the structure view?