Naming Exception

2005-05-11 04:12:46 AM
jbuilder17
Hi,
i really don't know where this message would be more appropriate.... so
here it is
I'm deploying 2 EJBs to Jaguar server (Sybase) using an ANT file.
After an apparent succesfull deployment, when I'm launching the application
that uses these 2 ejbs, I get an exception on the line of code
Object ref = context.lookup("EDI_IICES.Dominion.EJB_IICESParserDominion");
the exception message looks like this:
javax.naming.NamingException. Root exception is
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBound
sException: String index out of range: 6
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.CORBA.ORB.string_to_object(ORB.java:700)
at com.sybase.CORBA.ORB.resolve_initial_references(ORB.java:388)
at com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext.open(NamingContext.java:312)
at com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:586)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.initialize(EDT_RunParserDomi
nion.java:70)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.<init>(EDT_RunParserDominion
.java:47)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.getInstance(EDT_RunParserDom
inion.java:40)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.main(EDT_RunParserDominion.j
ava:286)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.<init>(EDT_RunParserDominion
.java:49)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.getInstance(EDT_RunParserDom
inion.java:40)
at
EDT_Run.controller.EDT_RunParserDominion.main(EDT_RunParserDominion.j
ava:286)
I have checked everywhere that the JNDI name is correct
(EDI_IICES.Dominion.EJB_IICES.....), I have checked that the ejbs are
correctly deployed (stubs and skeletons generated and compiled....)
I have seen before naming exception related to the fact that the ejb didb't
have the correct JNDI name (or I wasn't using the correct JNDI name when I
was looking for it...). I don't understand where the
StringIndexutOfBoundsException is coming from. Any idea?
TYI

Re:Naming Exception

Lidia wrote:
i really don't know where this message would be more
appropriate.... so here it is
I'm deploying 2 EJBs to Jaguar server (Sybase) using an ANT file.
After an apparent succesfull deployment, when I'm launching the
application that uses these 2 ejbs, I get an exception on the line of
code Object ref =
context.lookup("EDI_IICES.Dominion.EJB_IICESParserDominion");

the exception message looks like this:

javax.naming.NamingException. Root exception is
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBound
sException: String index out of range: 6
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
This appears to be a Sybase issue, not a JBuilder issue. The exception
is a runtime exception in a routine called by the Sybase naming
context; you should take this up with Sybase.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.