Calling Java API via Delphi

2005-04-04 05:51:14 AM
jbuilder8
Hello,
I was wondering how to use functions from either Microsoft or Sun Java
libraries.
Is it even possible?
Thank you in advance.

Re:Calling Java API via Delphi

"Jaelani C. U." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering how to use functions from either Microsoft or Sun Java
libraries.
Is it even possible?

Thank you in advance.
These are the only ways that I know of:
(1) EJB calls (must be using Boland's Application Sever)
(2) Corba Bridge (must be using Visibroker) for Delphi.
(3) Web Services
(4) Passing data to/from Delphi to Java Server side sockets through HTTP.
(5) Third party product like ASTA.

Re:Calling Java API via Delphi

On 4 Apr 2005 12:46:54 -0800, John McGrath [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
You can call functions in native libraries using the JNI - the Java
Native
Interface. Documentation on JNI is included in the Sun JDK distribution.

You can call any Java method, including those in the Sun libraries, using
the same mechanisms that you would use to all any Java method. Ensure
that the library is on the classpath and call it. Of course, using
methods that are not part of standard Java can introduce portability
concerns.

Many thanks for that.
I'm gonna find out more about the JNI.
I'll try not to think about portabily issuse, yet.
Thanks for the warning.

{smallsort}

Re:Calling Java API via Delphi

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:42:40 -0500, Paul Nichols (TeamB)
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
These are the only ways that I know of:

(1) EJB calls (must be using Boland's Application Sever)
(2) Corba Bridge (must be using Visibroker) for Delphi.
(3) Web Services
(4) Passing data to/from Delphi to Java Server side sockets through HTTP.
(5) Third party product like ASTA.

I know there are many ways to do it, but I'm trying to exclude any
internet technology (eg. server, web, socket).
The ASTA you just mentioned. Where can I find out more about it?
Thank you.

--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 04:51:14 +0700, Jaelani C. U. wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering how to use functions from either Microsoft or Sun Java
libraries.
Is it even possible?

Thank you in advance.
Google is your friend... :)
www.revusky.com/hacks/jniwrapper.html
At least it's a good start.
--
David Orriss Jr. TeamB
www.davenet.net/

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
These are the only ways that I know of:

(1) EJB calls (must be using Boland's Application Sever)
(2) Corba Bridge (must be using Visibroker) for Delphi.
(3) Web Services
(4) Passing data to/from Delphi to Java Server side sockets through HTTP.
(5) Third party product like ASTA.

I know there are many ways to do it, but I'm trying to exclude any
internet technology (eg. server, web, socket).
The ASTA you just mentioned. Where can I find out more about it?
Thank you.
try:
www.astatech.com
For Delphi to Java JNI look on code central. There used to be a JNI for
Delphi on that site, that would allow Java to Delphi communication without
the Network protocols.