mysql JDBC driver?

2003-09-12 12:22:01 AM
jbuilder7
I've followed just about every posting on the net I could find about this
one... I would like to add the mysql driver to JBuilder. Specifically, I
would like it to show up in database pilot, and compile programs using mysql
connections. I followed the following steps as I found in articles on the
net, to no avail.
I downloaded J/Connector from mysql, unzipped it, and placed the entire
folder in JBuilder's lib directory. I then opened JBuilder and chose
tools ->Enterprise Setup. In here I clicked add. The "Select one or more
libraries" box appeared. I selected New. In the "New Library Wizard" I
named it mysql, I chose JBuilder as the location and I added the path to the
mysql jar. I okayed my way back to the enterprise setup where I now see one
selection, mysql. I restart JBuilder.
I still cannot choose the mysql driver when I attempt to add a new url in
database pilot. Test java programs still fail when I try to compile stating
that there is no suitable driver.
Thanks for any help,
Tom

Re:mysql JDBC driver?

The fix is open the database pilot under tools/database pilot in the ide.
Then go under view/options and add the driver there. As long as it is in
the classpath or your jdk lib/ext it will work.