JBuilder 2005 install on Suse 10.1

2006-06-03 05:01:19 AM
jbuilder3
We have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some time to get JBuilder 2005 installed on a box with Suse 10.1.
Has anyone been able to do some magic and get it installed? Any advice?
Running the installer (cd/Disk1/Linux/VM/install.bin) generates errors about missing libraries, except that the libraries are on the system.
It says it's missing libc.so.1, libc.so.6, libpthread.so.0, and librt.so.1
Again, all of the above are on the system, though perhaps not where the installer expects them to be.
Any ideas?

Re:JBuilder 2005 install on Suse 10.1

On Linux I know that Java requers some compatibility libraries for C++ which
are not installed by default.
Doychin
"John" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

We have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some time to get JBuilder
2005 installed on a box with Suse 10.1.

Has anyone been able to do some magic and get it installed? Any advice?

Running the installer (cd/Disk1/Linux/VM/install.bin) generates errors
about missing libraries, except that the libraries are on the system.

It says it's missing libc.so.1, libc.so.6, libpthread.so.0, and librt.so.1

Again, all of the above are on the system, though perhaps not where the
installer expects them to be.

Any ideas?

Re:JBuilder 2005 install on Suse 10.1

Figured it out.
There was a line of the script setting an environment variable regarding the kernel version. It caused applications like awk and dirname to be unable to locate certain shared libraries. Not sure why or what exactly the use of the environment variable was.
But it's installed now :)
"John" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

We have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some time to get JBuilder 2005 installed on a box with Suse 10.1.

Has anyone been able to do some magic and get it installed? Any advice?

Running the installer (cd/Disk1/Linux/VM/install.bin) generates errors about missing libraries, except that the libraries are on the system.

It says it's missing libc.so.1, libc.so.6, libpthread.so.0, and librt.so.1

Again, all of the above are on the system, though perhaps not where the installer expects them to be.

Any ideas?

{smallsort}