How do you extract a project from CVS?

2004-10-21 11:04:42 AM
jbuilder13
I have put a project under CVS and made significant changes. Now I would
like to use the project without CVS. There doesn't seem to be any IDE
method to remove the project from CVS control. What is the best way to do
this?
e.g., should I open a new project and import all the code into it (either by
copying or using some wizard)?
Thanks in advance,

Re:How do you extract a project from CVS?

On 10/20/2004 at 11:04:42 PM, Chris Stauffer wrote:
I have put a project under CVS and made significant changes. Now I
would like to use the project without CVS. There doesn't seem to be any
IDE method to remove the project from CVS control. What is the best way
to do this?

e.g., should I open a new project and import all the code into it
(either by copying or using some wizard)?
Try pulling the project from CVS and specify "export". That will:
1) Give you a directory structure without the CVS control files.
2) Recreate the .jpx.local file, since that is not stored in CVS.
As a result, JBuilder will not think the project is in CVS.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]